Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Daily since getting the niro ev 4 I get warnings for most of the safety/driving assist systems. Forward collision, lane warning even high beam assist, up to 7 warnings some times. For the first few days it was on the same road so I assume the patchwork quilt road surface confused the computers’s line recognition and it flagged a warning, but it is happening on other roads.

A few minutes later they all clear and the systems are available again.

I will get it checked by KIA. Just wondered if anybody else is getting this behaviour.

No issues with my ev6 but it’s the air model with less toys.

· Registered
Kia Niro EV "3"
19 Posts
Daily since getting the niro ev 4 I get warnings for most of the safety/driving assist systems. Forward collision, lane warning even high beam assist, up to 7 warnings some times. For the first few days it was on the same road so I assume the patchwork quilt road surface confused the computers’s line recognition and it flagged a warning, but it is happening on other roads.

A few minutes later they all clear and the systems are available again.

I will get it checked by KIA. Just wondered if anybody else is getting this behaviour.

No issues with my ev6 but it’s the air model with less toys.
Had exactly the same on day 2 of ownership but not since. Was raining heavily at time and thought maybe the sensors where just getting muck on them.

· Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. I have added my tuppence worth to that thread.

Unlikely the 12v battery running low, but maybe it’s a dud one. Car booked in for next week.

· Registered
E-Niro 64kWh '4' since 9/20 (was Prius)
1,893 Posts
Thanks. I have added my tuppence worth to that thread.

Unlikely the 12v battery running low, but maybe it’s a dud one. Car booked in for next week.
It’s especially unlikely to be caused by the 12V battery as the 12V rail is supported and maintained by the DC/DC converter whilst you are actually driving. So even if the battery became suddenly flat, the 12V supply would remain until car is shut down. Peter

· Registered
Kia Niro EV '4' 2022
1,631 Posts
I presume this doesn't apply if you have been getting them daily since you got the car but worth asking anyway - is the car filthy?. Mine is, and I get warnings about safety systems not being available when I put it in reverse because the rear camera is black as the ace of spades. Its a constant battle trying to keep it clean - never had a rear camera get so dirty so quickly.

· Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Not filthy. I think it is something to do with the front camera or the processor for it.

The garage booking is now been put back to the end of the month.

· Registered
39 Posts
Just had the same problem developed on mine on a run today. A couple of times it corrected itself and 3 times It had cleared after a short car restart.
Have cleaned the front of the car which given it was only delivered Tuesday was not very dirty. Can someone who has booked it in to the garage report back with what they found please.

· Registered
12 Posts
I just had this on the way home from work - day 3 of owning it, total of about 80 miles on the clock with this particular trip being about 11 miles and 4/5 of the way through.

As with others I'm gonna keep monitoring and looking for repeatable evidence. But just to add on to earlier points; my car is rather mucky of the outside due to the wet weather, dirt and road spray. Also, I had done my software update Tuesday lunchtime on ACC mode and got a 12v warning light at the time towards the end but not seen since. At the time of the "blip" the road was clear with good light and it wasn't raining.

From an IT background, I would hazard a guess that either a subsystem had a momentary bit of lag, or possibly restarted itself, and that all of the alerts triggered at once when the subsystem didn't respond to their overall control system in a timely fashion, but it then had to go through and play out all the alerts fully which makes it seem like the blip was longer than it was in actuality. This based on the fact that as soon as it had finished playing out the last alert animation and sound, it all went back to being all clear without any delay.

· Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It happened 10 times yesterday, twice only cleared by switching the car on and off. It all seems to be with the front camera, maybe the camera, maybe the connection or the computer is not up to it.

No luck getting an appointment with Kia. It’s a tusker car but they only work with some garages, not the one 5 miles away. They have tried 10 miles away 28th feb, 20 miles 14th march. They are trying 30 miles now.

in the meantime time I am going to try switching off the dynamic theme and updating the s/w as it was delivered on the 20th jan with s/w from June.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts