Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Kia E Niro 4
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the E Niro has two driver data displays, one that retains information, and the other that resets after four hours. Reading the manual the cumulative one can be reset by pressing the OK button, but it would appear that the individual trip one can't be reset, and if for example a return trip is made before the four hour window there is no way to get separate info on that trip as I haven't found a way to reset it.

I like to keep the cumulative figures, but want the individual info.

·
Registered
130 Posts
If interested, you might avail yourself of hidden battery data accessible through obd2, like cumulative energy charged and cumulative energy discharged (kWh) since car was new, charge current kW, battery temperature, etc.

Elm327 dongle and phone app like Car Scanner Elm Obd2 or Torque Pro can display such information.

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020
2,749 Posts
@artyman How about the new app? It does have a lot more access to driving data?

But as I have said before, there is logic behind the setup. You get two counters that can be reset, one is reset manually, the other is reset every "stationary" 4hrs by the car. You also get the trip record in the infotainment, which lists your car trips separately.

I think there is loads of info if you need it.

·
Registered
Kia E Niro 4
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't do apps. Ah yes I''d forgotten the infotainment records, though it would be nice to be able to reset the dash one though so you have a 'live' version whilst driving. I used to be able to reset both trip counters in my Mercedes, seems strange Kia have only implemented it in one of them

·
Registered
E-Niro 64kWh '4' since 9/20 (was Prius)
1,067 Posts
I don't do apps. Ah yes I''d forgotten the infotainment records, though it would be nice to be able to reset the dash one though so you have a 'live' version whilst driving. I used to be able to reset both trip counters in my Mercedes, seems strange Kia have only implemented it in one of them
I completely agree. It was one of my first gripes on these forums. I don’t get why the short term one needs to auto reset at all. I don’t see any logic in it. It could have easily adopted the same push to reset arrangement as the cumulative one does. Then I could decide how long it runs for and leave the other one alone for long term monitoring. That would seem far more logical to me. My previous cars had 2 resettable trip meters and they were very useful. Peter.

Reactions: Richard Wood

·
Registered
Kia E Niro 4
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yep the counter in my Mercedes C class were both available for manual resets if you decide. One of them did reset after the car being unused for 5 hours, but I could reset it before then if required.

·
Registered
194 Posts
@artyman How about the new app? It does have a lot more access to driving data?

But as I have said before, there is logic behind the setup. You get two counters that can be reset, one is reset manually, the other is reset every "stationary" 4hrs by the car. You also get the trip record in the infotainment, which lists your car trips separately.

View attachment 147091

I think there is loads of info if you need it.
That looks like a lot of very interesting data. Can you tell me how you get that display, please?
Thanks
Silverback

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020
2,749 Posts
@Silverback check on the EV screen, but I can't remember what next. I will have to check, and come back to you.

Found it, pressing the EV button should get you this:

Press on the ECO driving link:

And then Fuel Economy History! Voila!

·
Registered
e-Niro 4+ 2021
23 Posts
As the E Niro has two driver data displays, one that retains information, and the other that resets after four hours. Reading the manual the cumulative one can be reset by pressing the OK button, but it would appear that the individual trip one can't be reset, and if for example a return trip is made before the four hour window there is no way to get separate info on that trip as I haven't found a way to reset it.
According to the manual for my 4+ both displays can. be reset manually (ch 4 68). For the Drive Info it states "The information is combined for each POWER button cycle. However, when the vehicle has been OFF for 4 hours or longer the Drive Info screen will reset. To reset the details, press and hold the OK button when viewing the Drive Info. The trip distance, the average energy consumption, and total driving time will reset simultaneously."

When I collected the car this was the way that it worked but then, after a few days, the option to manually reset the Drive Info screen simply disappeared. I have read that the way to restore it is to disconnect/reconnect the 12v battery but I have not done this because
a) Personally I like the way that it works with just an auto reset after 4 hours,
b) Reconnecting the 12v battery involves resetting a number of other things such as the sunroof, windows, climate control system etc (Manual ch 7 28)
c) If it lost the manual reset once it will probably do it again
d) The Accumulate Info display works just fine
e) I don't trust myself to tinker with my expensive new car unnecessarily

If it matters to you, and you are braver than me, you could try disconnecting the 12v battery for a minute or two.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Todor
Many thanks
Silverback

1 - 10 of 10 Posts