Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems that the driving history in the app (monthly stats and yearly stats) does not add up to my total mileage as per the cars odometer.
Over the year the Nissan servers seem to only have recorded about 2/3 of my total mileage. I know there was an issue from dec 2019-Mar 2020 but even if I correct for that I am still missing data.

I suspect tat the issue might be that we don't always click 'accept' on the sharing data on the car's console when we start driving especially on shorter trips.

Anybody else experience such an issue with these stats and know why exactly they are incomplete?
Thanks,

·
Registered
328 Posts
Not had the problem, but surely it's the fact that you haven't clicked "accept"? You've not therefore given permission for the info to be transferred to the Nissan servers, and they would be in breach of the GDPR if they had done so.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not had the problem, but surely it's the fact that you haven't clicked "accept"? You've not therefore given permission for the info to be transferred to the Nissan servers, and they would be in breach of the GDPR if they had done so.
Seems likely, The usual GDPR taking a step to far imho. It would be better (user friendly) if you could give that permission once (with some reminder after a given time) instead if every time you stop and start the car :-(

·
Registered
4,950 Posts
It seems that the driving history in the app (monthly stats and yearly stats) does not add up to my total mileage as per the cars odometer.
Over the year the Nissan servers seem to only have recorded about 2/3 of my total mileage. I know there was an issue from dec 2019-Mar 2020 but even if I correct for that I am still missing data.

I suspect tat the issue might be that we don't always click 'accept' on the sharing data on the car's console when we start driving especially on shorter trips.

Anybody else experience such an issue with these stats and know why exactly they are incomplete?
Thanks,
If you choose Cancel instead of OK on that first screen, no stats will be gathered for that journey.

However even if you always press OK (as I do) a lot of journeys were being missed for me last year. I've had my Leaf since last July and I typically do 4 separate trips per day, and on most days only 3 or sometimes only 2 of those 4 trips would be recorded, so all the stats would be wrong including total mileage.

It was so unreliable that I didn't bother using that feature. A few days ago I noticed that recording of journeys seems to be much more reliable and in fact I've had accurate figures for at least the last two weeks when I look back at the data with no missed journeys, so I think the root cause of the problem was issues with Nissans back end servers that may have been fixed.

Check your last months worth of statistics to see if it looks OK - because I stopped using it so long ago I don't know when things improved, but it might actually (touch wood) be working properly now!

This doesn't help the fact that your historical data from last year is not accurate of course.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I agree that the app can be flaky too and last autumn mine was down completely for several weeks (long dull story, eventually sorted by Nissan UK) but because I also had some incomplete driving data recently I was intrigued by this post, enough to experiment a little today.

If my screenshot has worked it should show my morning drive to work today. I didn't press anything on the touch screen, just left the question hanging. It has recorded my mileage accurately but no other usage stats (save an odd bit of regeneration). On the way home I did press yes and it did record all aspects. So yes, my unscientific little investigation does seem to confirm that pressing okay on the touchscreen is required to record all the driving stats of the app.

Attachments

·
Registered
155 Posts
Turns out I was wrong. Today I didn't press okay on the screen for my journey home but it did record all stats including electricity. So it's just a flaky app...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Turns out I was wrong. Today I didn't press okay on the screen for my journey home but it did record all stats including electricity. So it's just a flaky app...
Hi DuRam, thanks for your update, I'm hardly driving at the moment, because of Covid restrictions so duin't have a chance yet to test myself but I trust your findings and I am not surprised given the trackrecord of this Nissan software....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts