Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you drive straight into London in an electric car or do you have to register the car with TFL first?

·
Registered
2019 Renault Zoe R110 (ZE40)
993 Posts
You can drive in but will have to pay the congestion charge if driving through that area at the affected times. You'll have to register for exemption, as its not automatically applied.

·
evezy referral code d6540
3,022 Posts
You don’t have to register for exemption from the ULEZ charge as the cameras use DVLA information to check vehicle emissions.

·
The best there is at what I do
10,659 Posts
You don’t have to register for exemption from the ULEZ charge as the cameras use DVLA information to check vehicle emissions.
I had to register for ULEZ exemption, cost me £10 for a year.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Yes you have to register for exemption from the congestion charge for £10 a year and wait until they confirm by email. Normally takes around a week.

·
evezy referral code d6540
3,022 Posts
F08D54CD-48BF-44FC-841B-7047AAF0E939.png

You must register for exemption from the CC but the ULEZ charge is run on a different system. As above, check your vehicle is already exempt by entering your registration number. This will confirm that they have the correct information from DVLA and that your vehicle meets the criteria to be excepted from the charge.

Reactions: Anaglypta

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
Yes you have to register for exemption from the congestion charge for £10 a year and wait until they confirm by email. Normally takes around a week.
If a recent data point helps, it's more like 2 weeks at the moment (just got mine through for the Skoda). So not something that can be done on impulse unfortunately!

At least you no longer have to post a copy of your V5 and a cheque...

·
Registered
48 Posts
You do have to have a physical V5 though (I think?). Still waiting for ours to arrive after buying our eNiro. The congestion charge thing is exceptionally annoying because I thought the exemption would just be automatic.

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
You do have to have a physical V5 though (I think?). Still waiting for ours to arrive after buying our eNiro. The congestion charge thing is exceptionally annoying because I thought the exemption would just be automatic.
These days as long as you have a scan you can upload that’s acceptable. (Both my current cars are leased so in each case I’ve had to request a copy of the V5 from the leaseco.)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts