Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
VW Passat GTE
676 Posts
Don't care how good it is in snow, with wipers like that, it's a write off! ;) Does he say what tyres he is using? Not got time to watch the whole video on my lunch break, so I skipped through it fairly swiftly.

· Registered
VW Passat GTE
676 Posts
We get a lot of ice (referring to the slippery stuff here, not the fossil burners...) in my part of the UK, particularly in the morning (it thaws during the day and refreezes at night). It's basically a problem all winter, because it's that winning combination of a bit wet and quite cold. Summer tyres really hate ice. Decent all seasons or winters can make a massive difference. Incidentally, so does "Eco" mode - hard to wheel spin when the accelerator is mostly for show ;) Thankfully I sleep in enough for all seasons to be good enough for me. Snow socks aren't great for ice patches, because they have a low speed limit and (in my experience) tend to shred themselves pretty quickly. Having said that, I still have snow socks and a shovel in the back of the car, just in case the all seasons get bested by the weather...

The joys of living in the hills north of the border!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.