Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently renting a 500e icon from Elmo whilst waiting for MG ZS to be delivered.

is it just me or is it a little uncomfortable?
My biggest problem being that there isn’t a foot rest for your left foot, so I end up just sort of resting it under the brake, which not only feels awkward, but a little dangerous.

Also no height adjustment on the seat, I’m 6ft and I feel like my head is up very high.

·
Registered
R̵e̵n̵a̵u̵l̵t̵ ̵Z̵o̵e̵ ̵Z̵E̵5̵0̵ → Fiat New 500
469 Posts
My biggest problem being that there isn’t a foot rest for your left foot, so I end up just sort of resting it under the brake, which not only feels awkward, but a little dangerous.
I felt the same initially, but then I just started keeping my left foot not under the brake but in front of it - with my leg at a comfortable angle. Unconvential maybe, but it works for me 🤷‍♂️

Also no height adjustment on the seat, I’m 6ft and I feel like my head is up very high.
The height adjustment is a lever on the side of the seat, marked B in this picture from the handbook.

Motor vehicle Automotive design Car seat cover Vehicle Comfort

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I felt the same initially, but then I just started keeping my left foot not under the brake but in front of it - with my leg at a comfortable angle. Unconvential maybe, but it works for me 🤷‍♂️

The height adjustment is a lever on the side of the seat, marked B in this picture from the handbook.

View attachment 161774

I'll keep trying different positions until I find one then!

Ah! thanks for pointing out the height adjustment lever, Just finding the reclining lever was hard enough! I tried searching on youtube and looked in the manual, but couldnt find it, so just assumed it didnt have height adjustment.

·
Registered
R̵e̵n̵a̵u̵l̵t̵ ̵Z̵o̵e̵ ̵Z̵E̵5̵0̵ → Fiat New 500
469 Posts
I'll keep trying different positions until I find one then!
Good luck! I must say I'm not particularly tall (5'7") so it wasn't too hard for me 😅 but it still took a bit of trial and error.

Ah! thanks for pointing out the height adjustment lever, Just finding the reclining lever was hard enough! I tried searching on youtube and looked in the manual, but couldnt find it, so just assumed it didnt have height adjustment.
It took me a while to find it as well, but it was a nice improvement, coming from a Zoe... something I didn't know I wanted!

Reactions: AlexLuck

·
Registered
224 Posts
I'm not sure about the electric 500, but the original (new original, not original original) was based on the Panda, which was short narrow and tall. I bought one new in 2005. It had a high driving position, which made best use of the interior space.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Your lucky having a seat height adjustment. I have the Red edition with only the 'four way seats' . Not the optional 'six way seats'. So no height adjustments.
I wish they'd explained this better when buying. Course if you have the posh versions this probably isn't an issue. Myself being 6ft4 I'd like to lower the seat my wife being 5ft4 has a booster cushion. We manage ok.
Oh my Foxhound mix dog think 40kg Fat Labrador size. Due to a pressing need to get to the vets whilst I was away from home with the usual Mokka dog taxi . She had to carry Bailey in the 500. He popped in and was really quickly at home on the back seats. We don't use the back at all but at a push it's surprisingly roomy. I spent 25mins this afternoon vacuuming his fur off the seats. Love the dog but how he moults!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts