Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone,

My wife and I need to go down to London (from Northamptonshire) for a job thing and since I recently registered my Zoe for the congestion charge exemption, I figured it would be a perfect time to try driving it down and back. The Zoe won't quite make it there and back on a single charge (route is 99 miles, and I average 170-ish with motorway driving) so we'll need to charge somewhere while we have our appointment. I've only used public charging a few times, and never around London, so I figured I'd ask here how best to plan our trip. Should I just check zap-map and make note of the closest charge points? Is there a better London-specific charge map I should use? For reference, the appointment will likely be on a weekday, it is very close to the Bank tube station, and I have the ZE40 so I can only charge on AC.

·
Registered
2019 Renault Zoe R110 (ZE40)
984 Posts
Just take a look around on Zap Map and see what you can find. Pick one that is on a network you have a membership with and doesn't have insanely high parking charges. Polar is probably your biggest network around there (You can use the Polar Instant app if you don't have a membership), but they do tend to get used a lot and you may find that the spots you were planning to charge at are already occupied. Leave plenty of time to find somewhere, and if all else fails expect that there is a chance you may have to just stop off at a rapid charger somewhere along the M1 on your return journey to get the extra range you need to make it home. Even if you only have a model that can charge at 22kW it shouldn't take too long for what you'll need, and Ecotricity AC is typically very reliable

1 - 2 of 2 Posts