Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 17 plate Tekna has developed a dry squeak each time the nearside wing mirror opens and closes.
Is this best left to the dealership to sort (first service due in March) or a home remedy.

·
Registered
3,944 Posts
Get some silicone lubricant and spray it in any gaps.
Wonderful stuff, I use it all over the car.
Doesn't stink to high heaven or leave a nasty residue like WD40 (which isn't really a lubricant anyway, but can act like one).
It's especially good for squeaky pedals.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have this too. When I rang the dealer I was warned about the £99 diagnostic fee if they find it isn’t warranty related. I haven’t taken it in yet, to be honest it has put me off.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have this too. When I rang the dealer I was warned about the £99 diagnostic fee if they find it isn’t warranty related. I haven’t taken it in yet, to be honest it has put me off.
That sounds just like a certain telephone company used to say when you had a fault on your telephone line. The only diagnostic that is needed is the service managers ear!

I would challange that as the squeek wasn't there when you took delivery of the car so, whatever is causing the sqeek is a defect in the wing mirror assembly.

Ring Nissan Customer Services and complain about the dealership. That should sort them out.

Reactions: EVMat17

·
Registered
7,590 Posts
Spraying also evicts the resident spiders so that you don't have to keep swiping away those annoying webs every morning.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Update: A new mirror is needed. Garage were very pleasant but checked thoroughly it hadn't been hit. Once they were satisfied they have ordered me a new mirror under warranty

·
Registered
466 Posts
My mirrors both squeak, 2015 Acenta. I think the driver's side is worse. I've sprayed silicone lubricant in as well. It helps for a while then they squeak again.
I've given up worrying about them now. Appears to be no terminal damage occurring (so far).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts