Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just ordered this from Onto, the main reason being I wanted a car before the end of the month and this was the only affordable option for a slightly bigger car.

This sub-forum is very quiet compared to others on here (especially compared to the Ioniq which I had previously). Are there any other DS3 owners/leasers out there? What range are you getting and if there anything I should watch out for?

I get the car in a couple of weeks so will post some info on how I find it after that.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
If you aren't already on the Onto forums it may be worth joining in over there too:

I can think of a few people who have, or had the DS3 Crossback or e-2008 (same car underneath the body) so they will be able to give you their opinions.

Going by your post in the other thread though, your 106 Mile round trip journey is going to be rather uncomfortable in the coming months when the weather gets bad and the temperatures drop judging by all the comments I have seen from others. Out of the current Onto fleet you're going to be looking at the likes of the Renault Zoe, VW ID.3 and the Hyundai Kona. The others will struggle, especially in the very worst of winter if you like to have your car nice and hot.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Going by your post in the other thread though, your 106 Mile round trip journey is going to be rather uncomfortable in the coming months when the weather gets bad and the temperatures drop judging by all the comments I have seen from others. Out of the current Onto fleet you're going to be looking at the likes of the Renault Zoe, VW ID.3 and the Hyundai Kona. The others will struggle, especially in the very worst of winter if you like to have your car nice and hot.
There are differing opinions on that so will see how it goes and swap to something else if it doesn't work out. From what I have read and my experience (in the summer) I would add the Hyundai Ioniq to that list.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
From what I have read and my experience (in the summer) I would add the Hyundai Ioniq to that list.
The Ioniq will do it yes, but you'll need to help it out to manage it in the very worst weather in the depths of winter in strong winds, sub-zero temperatures and snow falling for example. You'd need to drop your speed a little and not run the heater too hot.

The Ioniq is super efficient and can do amazing things when driven well and in good weather conditions. But it still has a small battery so if you aren't maximising your efficiency you can still run out fairly quickly.

Some people are fine with a compromise like that. Others would say it's not good enough and demand better.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts