Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a DS3 E-Tense through Motability a year ago today and after 10 months I had to give it back as I was spending more time charging it than actually driving it due to DS lying about its range.

The car is now for sale again but the price is shocking! The list price was £36k a year ago but now it has depreciated by a massive 33% :O Losing £12k in its first year.

I did love driving the car though and will go EV again in 3 years but for now all I have are the memories and the advert to see my car.. For sale 71 miles from where i live https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-de...501&sort=relevance&make=DS AUTOMOBILES&page=1

·
Registered
889 Posts
Wow - my Kia has lost way less than 10% in 10 months..... I guess people have heard of the range problems and don’t want them - what were you getting from a full charge?

·
Registered
320 Posts
It's not as bad as you think: take off the government grant, Citroën new car discount at a nominal 10% and the price paid new was closer to £28k. A £4k loss doesn't seem bad at all.

·
Registered
809 Posts
New cars always lose money. What did the 1 year actually cost you in real terms? I didn't know that motobility allowed a swap after 1 year.

Autotrader shows a part-ex of £20.170, so if you had bought the car for cash (£28k as naturetech says), the first year cost would be nearer £8k. Compare to those with lease deals, when £8k is around the cost for 2 years of motoring in an equivalent car. The private sale cost of the car is £22,580, so it seems that dealer is pricing it keen to shift it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts