Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good afternoon all, I am trying to diagnose a fault with my daughter’s 2013 Renault Zoe Q210. The fault occurred after she had returned from work and parked the car. On returning to the car 10 minutes later she was greeted with an Electric Failure DANGER warning along with a red spanner symbol, followed by Battery Charging impossible. I have reset the car by leaving it for two hours, charged the 12volt battery and followed by replacing said battery with a brand new one and all to no avail.
Next move was to deploy CanZE and using that I have recorded a DCT 067024 = P07024 Neutral Current Sensor Signal Stuck high fault in the Battery Control Box. I can’t seem to get this fault to reset as each time I try CanZE asks me if the car’s ignition is on but the car won’t go into Ready mode because of the fault😤.

The fault has persisted for coming up on a week now and I am convinced the fault lies with either the pulse box (cheap fix) or the battery connection box (expensive fix). If anyone has any pertinent or useful thoughts on what else I can do to narrow this fault down, I would be most grateful for their insight.

In hope
Richard.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I’ve finally, after a massive amount of investigation, tracked this fault to the Hall effect sensor failing after the rotor in the motor failed and induced a momentary high back feed in the neutral wire from the motor. the part is a tiny circuit board installed in the base of the 296H50031R inverter module contained in the Battery Control Box, BCB, (Continental motor 5AM*450 model Q210).
if anyone has a faulty BCB lying about I would be very interested in purchasing!
attahed are some photos showing the location of the part in the BCB and a tear down to show the offending little bit of circuitry.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Excellent work and sorry the forum never got back to you :(

JJ

Thank you. I’m not an Electrical engineer but have spent the time since first post educating myself on how the Zoe charges and controls its traction motor. Found a few good clues on this and the CanZE forum but nobody had got it all quite correct IMHO. To boot I’ve figured out a relatively easy, single handed, way to remove and refit the traction motor with the car on two axle stands and using a trolley jack. I hope never to have the need to utilise this skill ever again🤪.

Peter from OVS has also been a considerable help, so my thanks to him.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you! Would you mind me reposting your pics on the CanZE blog?
Not at all, you are welcome to post them on the CanZE blog. Some additional info discovered as I pulled the BCB apart. The switching between single and three phase is controlled by two Panasonic relays. They don’t do the grunt work of carrying all the current though, that is left to thyristors. The relays just instigate the switching And are located upside down near the rear of the charge port on the BCB. Photos of said relays attached.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Posted, and thanks again!

Just to be sure, the last set of pictures (2xrelays and 2x power resistors) are also located in the black plastic box? So not in the filter unit? (left part of the BCB box, the one where the cable from the "nose" goes into, see https://i0.wp.com/canze.fisch.lu/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/img_1111.jpg )?
No, that board is in the in the separate (unboltable) box with the black plastic base and with the charge cable connection from the nose mounted on it.

·
Co-author of CanZE. Q210 nov 2013
4,263 Posts
Check, that is the filter module. I had a discussion with somebody if it contained relays. Glad it matches the patents and schematics. And my own experience with that broken one. (y)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts