Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Polestar 2 non PP
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at ways that I could change my dumb Rolec 7.2kW charger into something more smart that can exploit the Octopus Agile tariff without spending too much time manually programming each evening. The unit is untethered so the Ohme cable looks like an obvious candidate but has anyone got any better alternatives that are worth a look?

·
Registered
Polestar 2 non PP
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
These are all great suggestions. If I can put the switch in that sounds like a really simple way to do it however I’ve just been looking at some great OHME reviews on YouTube so this is going to be a difficult call. Commando sockets would be an interesting way to go although I’m not sure I’d end up losing out on the socket re-installation costs.

·
Registered
Polestar 2 non PP
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Baden thanks that thread is just what I was looking for. Almost a no brainer at that price to give that a go.

·
Registered
Polestar 2 non PP
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
At the moment I’m going to try the WiFi switch, anything that would enhance performance after that like the pi would be interesting if it was simple to integrate .

·
Registered
Polestar 2 non PP
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I've now installed the switch, very easy, took about 20 mins and as Baden said, the scheduling is simple either through the app or with Alexa. Not that there's much charging to do currently...….

1 - 5 of 5 Posts