Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,440 Posts
Finally DVLA have put the 2016 Q1 model S figures on their web site
View attachment 13087
FYI They only started breaking out the model types in Q3 2015 - prior to that they were all in the top category
...and the split of model types is clearly gibberish anyway - different sales centres probably using different options when processing registrations. The idea that they only shifted 81 P90Ds is clearly nonsense (as is the idea that they put 341 P85Ds on the road in 2016, given that it was superseded 6 months earlier).

·
Registered
751 Posts
Do you have a figure for the total number of Model S on UK roads? I was asked this repeatedly by people whilst wandering around Europe recently and was rather embarrassed to not know.

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
... as is the idea that they put 341 P85Ds on the road in 2016.
You are misunderstanding the table. These are total road tax numbers. So taking 2015 numbers from 2016 gives you 2016Q1 deliveries
So 739 model S were first registered in 2016 Q1

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Do you have a figure for the total number of Model S on UK roads? I was asked this repeatedly by people whilst wandering around Europe recently and was rather embarrassed to not know.
We can take the 2825 as a pretty accurate number of model S on the UK road and taxed as of the end of 2016 Q1.
Of couse some cars like mine are sometimes delivered on the last day of one quarter but taxed as of the first day of the next.
Also these numbers exclude any cars under a SORN ie written off (currently 14 cars).

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks. I'll try to remember "about 3000" for when I am next asked.
Could be north of 4000 sold by now (given an average of about 250 cars a month in Q1 then by now should be closer to 3700 on the road, however the price increases may well have had some negative iimpact. Given Tesla seem so unwilling to give UK level data (in spite of numbers throughout the rest of the EU being easily available) the only valid route we have are the DVLA registrations - which
a - are only quarterly - and
b - a quarter or more in arrears

1 - 9 of 9 Posts