Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a lot of indecision and mucking about, finally took the plunge and ordered the wife an e-2008 today.

Found a pretty amazing lease deal on the GT which despite misgivings about the car’s range, made it too cheap to say no.

Basically works out £34 more than the cancelled Zoe 50 it replaces....Said Zoe delivered brand new last week, killed itself outside the house 24 hours later throwing up “electric motor failure” messages on the dash and refusing to do much else.

Quite excited about the Peugeot, which is a strange realisation. Especially as it’s an........Oh, hang on. I can’t say it.....Deep breath. Try again.....Especially as it’s an SUV. There. Said it.

Said we’d never have an SUV or an MPV. Wanted another 993 this year.
But then there was an incident a couple of Christmases ago when we used Prosecco as a mixer resulting in our firstborn unexpectedly arriving.
I’m now teetotal for safety reasons.
And we have a playroom instead of an orangery.
And I’ve just ordered a Peugeot.
i need a drink.

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
I think you will find the quality levels much much higher than you expect

pug have put some effort in

Renault continue to paste over the cracks by adding some tech here and there

interesting to hear your thoughts when it arrives
It’s a nice car

JJ

·
Premium Member
2019 Leaf 40
6,621 Posts
Renault still aren't doing themselves any favours are they? EV that carks it in a week isn't good. It's not as if they're new at making EVs.

Hopefully the Peugeot will be better.

·
i3 with Range Extender (EREV) Sept 2014
1,614 Posts
After a lot of indecision and mucking about, finally took the plunge and ordered the wife an e-2008 today.

Found a pretty amazing lease deal on the GT which despite misgivings about the car’s range, made it too cheap to say no.

Basically works out £34 more than the cancelled Zoe 50 it replaces....Said Zoe delivered brand new last week, killed itself outside the house 24 hours later throwing up “electric motor failure” messages on the dash and refusing to do much else.

Quite excited about the Peugeot, which is a strange realisation. Especially as it’s an........Oh, hang on. I can’t say it.....Deep breath. Try again.....Especially as it’s an SUV. There. Said it.

But then there was an incident a couple of Christmases ago when we used Prosecco as a mixer resulting in our firstborn unexpectedly arriving.
i need a drink.
What is the lease deal?

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What is the lease deal?
2008 GT. £278.98. 9 + 35 months & 10k miles a year.

No extra charge for Onyx black paint. £5 a month extra for the £750 paint options so the Mrs picked pearl white.

Literally pennies difference between doing the same over 2 or 3 years. So we went for 3. Makes the Zoe, (which the Mrs was struggling to contemplate 2 years in let alone 3) look expensive.

·
1,614 Posts
2008 GT. £278.98. 9 + 35 months & 10k miles a year.

No extra charge for Onyx black paint. £5 a month extra for the £750 paint options so the Mrs picked pearl white.

Literally pennies difference between doing the same over 2 or 3 years. So we went for 3. Makes the Zoe, (which the Mrs was struggling to contemplate 2 years in let alone 3) look expensive.
That is good where did you find it?

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That is good where did you find it?
Leasing.com - It’s not the AutoElectric deal. It’s the other one ;)

Not sure if they’ll do it again. Had to do some haggling and was told it had to be done yesterday.
Standard sales tactics I know, but it really was too cheap to say “no”.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not too bad

more than I’m paying on PCP But not the and car

we need to trade the bmw 3ltr diesel in at some point but everything is so expensive

JJ
Gawd knows what it’d look like on PCP. It’s £40k list, £35k through DriveTheDeal’s Peugeot dealer.

·
Registered
2019 Tesla Model 3 Standard Range Plus
20 Posts
Leasing.com - It’s not the AutoElectric deal. It’s the other one ;)

Not sure if they’ll do it again. Had to do some haggling and was told it had to be done yesterday.
Standard sales tactics I know, but it really was too cheap to say “no”.
My wife has recently ordered the E-2008 GT in blue, we used Electric Auto (Zen Auto).

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
I really rather like the look of the e-2008, the big, slabby tongue of a bonnet makes it a damn sight more interesting to look at than the interchangeable VAG offerings. I personally wouldn't have it in white, I'd be tempted by the bronze/orange one but chicken out and go with the blue.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I really rather like the look of the e-2008, the big, slabby tongue of a bonnet makes it a damn sight more interesting to look at than the interchangeable VAG offerings. I personally wouldn't have it in white, I'd be tempted by the bronze/orange one but chicken out and go with the blue.
Neither of us like white particularly. Some cars lend themselves to it though and this is one of them.

It’s got quite a lot of presence in the flesh for what’s supposed to be a small SUV. The front proportions particularly with the colour coded grill.

White helps all the black detailing stand out more adding to the effect.
In black it disappears. The blue’s too garish for us and the orange looks a little dated - Exactly the same as the launch colour of the new Freelander in 2005.

The i3’s another example of a car that looks good in white for the same reasons.

Anyway, all that said, it was a matter of which colour would make for the best shade of brown - It’s a lease car so probably won’t get washed much over the next 3 years.

·
Registered
8 Posts

i need a drink.
congrats. If you have any questions regarding the GT, let me know. I think you’ll be very pleased with it!!!

·
Registered
224 Posts
I have to admit it's a tidy looking car and may have more spec than my e208.

My sales guy did try to tempt me, but to be fair I was looking for something smaller.

I am interested to see how the range on this car works out as I'd have thought (I'm no expert here) that the range would be quite a bit less than the e208.

Waiting to hear your initial reports.

·
1,614 Posts
Getting an E2008 for half a day tomorrow so will be getting EV fix for 1st time since March and see if it makes short list for next car.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I have to admit it's a tidy looking car and may have more spec than my e208.

My sales guy did try to tempt me, but to be fair I was looking for something smaller.

I am interested to see how the range on this car works out as I'd have thought (I'm no expert here) that the range would be quite a bit less than the e208.

Waiting to hear your initial reports.
Range was a concern to us too. Had been trying to get about 200 real world in the next EV.

That should really have been more easily possible in both Peugeots and was the plan but at some point other things must have taken precedence.

We’ve ordered it on the basis it might deliver somewhere around 160-170 miles on average.

The currently available GT lease deal makes it a cut price e-Niro in terms of interior space, with about 100 less miles range.....but 100kW charging to make up for it.
The Niro of course is about £2,500 more than the Peugeot over the same term, and can’t be had for about 12 months.

Cant complain really.

·
Registered
DS3 Etense 2020
118 Posts
I have two kids and I've had two 2008 - both petrol and both were excellent cars! Now we have a DS3 Etense and are super super happy - never going back to petrol / diesel. I've been looking at the 2008 and I think it looks really incredible. Do you get heated seats with the e2008 as we do not have them in the DS3 which is a slight shame.

·
1,614 Posts
I have two kids and I've had two 2008 - both petrol and both were excellent cars! Now we have a DS3 Etense and are super super happy - never going back to petrol / diesel. I've been looking at the 2008 and I think it looks really incredible. Do you get heated seats with the e2008 as we do not have them in the DS3 which is a slight shame.
Just in GT and it has heated seats

1 - 20 of 36 Posts