Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

i3 with Range Extender (EREV) Sept 2014
congrats. If you have any questions regarding the GT, let me know. I think you鈥檒l be very pleased with it!!!
Is there a setting for creep or no creep? Cannot see anything having quick scan through settings?

I enjoyed the E2008 test drive and it is a contender for best small SUV, liked the TomTom alerts, turned off lane assist as I didn't like it pulling wheel out my hand nearly every time when overtaking. I would like more regen and ability to turn off creep mode. Got use to steering wheel felt better in sport mode and liked the seating position. The GT model currently best deals right now.

Registered
Discussion Starter #26
I enjoyed the E2008 test drive and it is a contender for best small SUV, liked the TomTom alerts, turned off lane assist as I didn't like it pulling wheel out my hand nearly every time when overtaking. I would like more regen and ability to turn off creep mode. Got use to steering wheel felt better in sport mode and liked the seating position. The GT model currently best deals right now.
Did you get an idea of lead time?

Did you get an idea of lead time?
Did not get into ordering but was suggesting a discount on a PCP if ordered this month and said there was stock available.

Registered
Hmmm. Some of us BMW drivers like to drive nice. The lane keeping thingy on my (petrol :eek:) BMW has taught me to indicate earlier on dual carriageways / motorways! (I could turn it off but do regard it as a safety feature and it just vibrates the wheel.)

did you indicate, you know like BMW drivers can't do, to see if that stopped the lane keep interfering with your overtaking ?
Yes it does but I only indicate when moving out but not when moving back in, never hardly see anyone indicate at that point whatever make they are driving.

Registered
Discussion Starter #31
Yes it does but I only indicate when moving out but not when moving back in, never hardly see anyone indicate at that point whatever make they are driving.
鈧50 fine on the spot fine from le Gendarmerie recently for not signalling when I pulled in to a different lane on an Autoroute. Followed me a while waiting for me to slip up.

Registered
鈧50 fine on the spot fine from le Gendarmerie recently for not signalling when I pulled in to a different lane on an Autoroute. Followed me a while waiting for me to slip up.
Probably trying to hit target for the day.

Not driven there for a while, was you in a GB car by chance? :(

Registered
Discussion Starter #34
Not driven there for a while, was you in a GB car by chance? :(
German plates. On the way back home to UK from Spain. Me and the chap in a Luxembourg plated Model S who I鈥檇 been behind for about an hour both got pulled into the same service area at the same time. Turned out to be another Brit.

Bloody ridiculous but pretty typical in France. It鈥檚 one thing 鈥渕aking progress鈥 along the AP7 up through Spain, but like anyone else who drives in France regularly, I stick to the limits on the route to and from the South even on empty toll sections as the cops are always hunting.

Registered
DS3 Etense 2020
I'm French and 'le flics' are rather annoying when driving to Spain, last year was pulled over in my pug 3008 not speeding, wife and kids in the car. Both officers came over started to speak in English, didn't realise I could speak fluent French and had my French passport & CNI. Had the both the dashcams on too.

Asking them what on earth was the problem in French their mouths dropped. 'Pardon pas problem ici, you may go' - basically they were hunting for euros. Also helps that my father (was) and brother (still is) are both police officers!

Anyway, I like playing this trick on French folks, quite often surprises them. I like that effect ha! Joys of living in France and the UK as a kid!

:)

21 - 36 of 36 Posts