Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would call that a walk around or preview, not a review...

No pricing, no driving etc...
Absolutely no information whatsoever, no stats contained in dialogue at all, just some bloke filming at the launch show.
All things are called reviews...
noun. Also called: reviewal the act or an instance of reviewing. a general survey or report a review of the political situation. a critical assessment of a book, film, play, concert, etc, esp one printed in a newspaper or periodical.

No doubt FC and others will do fuller reviews once they get hold of press demo cars and maybe by that time Peugeot will have released pricing, specs. ordering info, brochure even.

Wrote launch in text but of course its not possible to edit the thread title once posted, so I agree totally misleading.

·
Registered
472 Posts
The icing one the cake is the fact it’s not even the right car. The lower spec Allure model in the film won’t be available in the UK. Only the better GT Line.....the blue one that appears fleetingly in the background, parked on the other side of the stand.

It’s taken a month to upload that. Autoexpress managed to upload a similar walk-round of the correct car on the day it was actually unveiled last month.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
Absolutely no information whatsoever, no stats contained in dialogue at all, just some bloke filming at the launch show.
All things are called reviews...
noun. Also called: reviewal the act or an instance of reviewing. a general survey or report a review of the political situation. a critical assessment of a book, film, play, concert, etc, esp one printed in a newspaper or periodical.

No doubt FC and others will do fuller reviews once they get hold of press demo cars and maybe by that time Peugeot will have released pricing, specs. ordering info, brochure even.

Wrote launch in text but of course its not possible to edit the thread title once posted, so I agree totally misleading.
Chill. I wasn't complaining. ;)

Just pointing out to any readers that were going to watch the clip that it's not really a review, just a quick walk around. I actually got to the end of the video before I realised that it wasn't actually a review, so the abrupt end to the video left me feeling a bit cheated... :D

I'm sure they'll do a review in due course. I think this car is definitely one to watch, and on retrospect squeezing a 50kWh water cooled battery that can charge at up to 100kW in a car the size of a 208 is quite an achievement for their first in house EV, but it all hinges on price, and if the UK is only going to get the top spec version price could well be a major stumbling block.

So what we need is pricing and hands on reviews and testing of the UK edition of the car to go from "looks nice" to "I would buy one".

·
Registered
550 Posts
Looks really nice. Could be a good option for our first EV in 2020.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts