Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I've got a brand new e-208 GT last week (and I'm really enjoing it!).
I would like to connect an OBD-II adapter to the car but... i really don't know where the OBD port is located, Is it under the glove box or somewhere else?

·
Registered
2021 Corsa-e
94 Posts
I tried connecting my OBD2 dongle on my Corsa-e (which has many common underpinnings as the Peugeot e208/2008), but no app was able to connect to it. I have used this dongle successfully on other ICE cars without problems.

For example the Torque App was trying to find the correct protocol to communicate with the vehicle, but could find anything to work with.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
2021 Corsa-e
94 Posts
Anyone able to get OBD2 working?
I have tried 3 different dongles that used to work on my ICE cars, and around 3-4 different android apps, but none of them are able to find the correct protocol to communicate with the ECU/OBD2 gateway.

·
Registered
2021 Corsa-e
94 Posts
Breaking news:
I just found out that in order to use OBD2 on PSA's newer EVs (like the e208, Corsa-e etc...) we need a special adapter cable.

I found this info trying to use Power Cruise Control OBD2 app:

They have support for our PSA EVs, but it needs this adapter cable (and then I think you can use any OBD2 dongle):

It seems that the reason we aren't able to just use or standard OBD2 dongles is that they try to communicate on the canbus pins that are usually occupied on ICE cars. On our EVs these pins are not occupied.
I just ordered mine from the Amazon link above. So I will keep you guys updated when I receive it, and post what information I'm able to get with the various apps.

·
Registered
3,800 Posts
Breaking news:
I just found out that in order to use OBD2 on PSA's newer EVs (like the e208, Corsa-e etc...) we need a special adapter cable.

I found this info trying to use Power Cruise Control OBD2 app:

They have support for our PSA EVs, but it needs this adapter cable (and then I think you can use any OBD2 dongle):

It seems that the reason we aren't able to just use or standard OBD2 dongles is that they try to communicate on the canbus pins that are usually occupied on ICE cars. On our EVs these pins are not occupied.
I just ordered mine from the Amazon link above. So I will keep you guys updated when I receive it, and post what information I'm able to get with the various apps.
awesome info

JJ

·
Registered
3 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Corsa-e
94 Posts
I accidentally posted for the Corsa-e at first.
I edited the post for the link for the Peugeot e208.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Can confirm this works with Power Cruise Control on my e-2008 GT.
UK car, fusebox cover needs to be left off, glovebox just closes with the adaptor plugged in & the OBDII dongle in the fusebox.
Phone used was a Galaxy Note 8
Power Cruise Control brings up Google Maps on the centre display too, but the roads aren't always displayed for some reason, the directions are always displayed OK.

Displayed on 2nd screen were:
Speed
Power in kW (current power being used so you can see how much the heater uses when car is stopped & how much you're using whilst driving)
VIN
T ext - External temperature
Lat/Lon/Altitude
Vmin
Vmax
delta mV
Battery Energy in kWh displayed by a battery graphic
Battery Temperature

On a round trip I used a bit less (7%) than the trip planner estimated, but I was doing fairly serious eco driving.

·
Registered
2021 Corsa-e
94 Posts
Can confirm this works with Power Cruise Control on my e-2008 GT.
UK car, fusebox cover needs to be left off, glovebox just closes with the adaptor plugged in & the OBDII dongle in the fusebox.
When you say adapter you mean the one from Power Cruise Control?
If so, that's good news.
I still haven't received mine :(

·
Registered
37 Posts
When you say adapter you mean the one from Power Cruise Control?
If so, that's good news.
I still haven't received mine :(
Yes, I purchased both the adapter and the dongle from them via amazon Italy. Arrived today. I went for the Android & Apple dongle as I migrate often.

I'm wondering if other apps will be able to read the data from the dongle now too, although I have little idea of what apps are useful, any suggestions (I can do android (Note 8) or apple (iPhone 12 Pro)).

I'd like to get it working with ABRP but with the cost of ABRP & the current lockdown rules it's not worth trying it yet.

·
Registered
2021 Corsa-e
94 Posts
In the past I've used the Torque App on my ICE cars.
I also noticed there is EVNotify App, but haven't tried it yet, as my OBD2 dongles don't work without the adapter.

·
Registered
37 Posts
In the past I've used the Torque App on my ICE cars.
I also noticed there is EVNotify App, but haven't tried it yet, as my OBD2 dongles don't work without the adapter.
EVNotify app doesn't work because there is no profile for the car type (yet)
Torque Pro picks up some data but isn't happy, I'd need to spend some time trying to set this up.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts