Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just received my adapter cable from Power Cruise Control, and can confirm it works with a generic OBD2 dongle!

I like that fact that I can see current consumption in KW, which also takes into account accessory usage. It seems this is updated faster and more accurately than the one on the dash.
Also, it's nice to see delta of voltages of the HV battery. I guess that a high delta might suggest the HV is imbalanced.

I'm not at the car at the moment, but here you can see all the available parameters to be displayed (I'll try to take a live screenshot tomorrow when connected):

View attachment 142007
I wish all this info was available on the dash or on the infotainment screen, rather than on my phone.
I'm an info geek, so I like to see the details regularly.

I haven't tried to plan a trip with the app yet, but I'm mostly interested in the details it shows, not trip planning anyways.
Can you share some information about the adaptor? Which pins are routed where? Thanks!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just got my adaptor.
4 wires.
Pin4, GND, and 16, power are the same.
Yellow is routed from 8 to 14 (CAN-H)
Green from 3 to 6 (CAN-L)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just got my adaptor.
4 wires.
Pin4, GND, and 16, power are the same.
Yellow is routed from 8 to 14 (CAN-H)
Green from 3 to 6 (CAN-L)
Hello, thank you very much for sharing this information!
I tried to re-create this adaptor by soldering a wire from pin 8 to pin 14 and another wire from pin 3 to pin 6.
However I always get the "Car powered off" error message (of course the car is powerd on) :(

Do you guys have any suggestion to make this work with what I have?
The OBD dongle is a cheap dongle from Amazon (it was working fine with another non-EV car).

·
Registered
2 Posts
I found on another forum (idk if I'm allowed to post links) that pin 6 and 14 are actually used by the car

pin 1 + 12v after power
pin 3 can high Peugeot
pin 4 body ground
pin 5 electro ground
pin 6 can high standard
pîn 8 can low Peugeot
pin 14 can low standard
pin 16 + 12v OBD
So there was probably a conflict with the two buses, I tried to cut the connection for pin 6 and 14 so that only 3 and 8 are connected to them but same result: "Car powered off".

Edit: I got the official dongle + adapter today and everything is working fine. The old dongle with the official adapter is not working so I guess that cheap dongle is not supported.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey guys, anybody succeed to connect to any other app except power cruise control? And if yes which app and with which bluetooth device?

·
Registered
5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Can't really help.
Downloaded the .apk, installed it and messed around with ABRP account settings, and selecting Bluetooth device. Connected to the car and the screen below appears.
This is all there is, but SOH, SOC, battery temperature and power makes is almost useful. Too bad no logging, just the screen. And the Power shows negative numbers regenerating.
Font Screenshot Technology Darkness Communication Device

·
Registered
5 Posts
Can't really help.
Downloaded the .apk, installed it and messed around with ABRP account settings, and selecting Bluetooth device. Connected to the car and the screen below appears.
This is all there is, but SOH, SOC, battery temperature and power makes is almost useful. Too bad no logging, just the screen. And the Power shows negative numbers regenerating.
View attachment 154047
ABPR app just downloaded from play store and just play with the settings???

·
Registered
8 Posts
Both the apk and the real ABRP is needed. No subscription. It is the .apk app named "ABRP OBD" that shows the info in the picture above.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Could you please give me some info about how to do that?!!!! Since i have just downloaded the ABPR app, but how can i see the live data of the car? State of health e.t.c.????
I use the TRONITY app as the interface to ABRP. Works with about 5 min delay. I had a bad experience with the OBD port. Be very careful out there.

·
Registered
2021 Corsa-e
300 Posts
I haven't had much luck with apps other than PCC, but haven't tried the ABRP OBD yet.

I've try several apps with and without the PCC adapter for PSA vehicles, but they aren't able to connect to the ECU.

·
Registered
Peugeot e-208
21 Posts
As per today's ABRP release, apparently it can receive live data from an OBD BLE directly

I'm halfway tempted to pick up an OBD BLE jobby (and presumably one of these adapters referred to in this thread) and give it a go. Port is in the glove box on an RHD car I understand - presumably behind the panel nearest the door

·
Registered
2021 Corsa-e
300 Posts
interesting - so what’s the energy readout at full charge?

JJ
Well, I used to see (when the car was new) up to 46-47kwh on full charge.
Lately I have been getting up to 45kwh. I'm not sure if it's because of colder weather (~10°C), or if there is some battery degradation. The car is now one year old, with 15,000 km on it.
I don't use rapid charging much, and I try not to drain the battery too much (usually charge above 10%). But I don't really know what the SOH is. I am scheduled for first service in two weeks, so I will request a battery health check.

I don't have ABRP installed, but maybe I will give it a try to see if it's able to display some more data for my Corsa-e, hopefully SOH.

·
Registered
5 Posts
10.000 km and battery SOH now is 99.8% (OBD device from PCC and use the ABPR OBD, quite impressive number, car is 3 months old... hope to get this tiny degradation in the future as well! Charging is at about 6kw power, and rapid charge only a few times.

·
Registered
52 Posts
You don't need OBD for Tronity - it sucks data through Peugeot's servers - more successfully than Peugeot's own app...
Does that mean I can get real time data without an ODB dongle? If that is the case I guess it's some delays on it in comparison?

21 - 40 of 50 Posts