Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anybody still waiting for their £500 reservation fee to be refunded by Peugeot? I've called the head office customer care line, who passed me to finance, who passed me back to head office, who are suggesting I call the finance team...

The online portal is no longer up and all my emails from Peugeot quote the head office 0800 number. Is Peugeot's memory really that short?

If anybody has the numbers for people that could find out more detail it would be greatly appreciated.

·
Ampera aka IGOR
3,543 Posts
Can you raise a dispute with your credit/debit card company? It might be worth giving them a call detailing how you paid the deposit on the understanding it would be promptly refunded once an order had been placed. I placed my order for the Corsa e and placed the deposit on 06/06/2019 to VAUXHALL MOTORS London and received my refund to my credit card on 10/10/2020 from PSA AUTOMOBILES London. I ended up not completing the order due to treatment by the dealership with my Ampera.

·
Registered
4,793 Posts
Note that reclaiming via your credit can take up to 2 months. You also have to initiate the claim within 120 days of failure to deliver on the contract.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I'm reading on here that many dealers will be re opening on June 1st.

I'm well aware of that because I've been in constant dialogue with my dealer during the lockdown.

Many cars have been sold via the internet.

The bit that frustrates me, is reading that some dealers have simply re instated the deal pre lockdown.

I wish my dealer was so generous. Gone is my previous P-Ex value slashed by over £2k, the £3500 OLEV grant reduced to £3k. Even though Peugeot UK were backing the £3.5k.

List price has been reduced.

Am I the mug persuing a deal. They seem to write their own rules don't they.

And yes, I know I can say no and walk away.

·
Registered
4,793 Posts
Am I the mug persuing a deal
Yes.
They have broken the contract, ask for your money back and start again with another dealer if the whole experience hasn't put you off of the car.

Reactions: E7EV

·
evezy referral code d6540
3,160 Posts
I'm reading on here that many dealers will be re opening on June 1st.

I'm well aware of that because I've been in constant dialogue with my dealer during the lockdown.

Many cars have been sold via the internet.

The bit that frustrates me, is reading that some dealers have simply re instated the deal pre lockdown.

I wish my dealer was so generous. Gone is my previous P-Ex value slashed by over £2k, the £3500 OLEV grant reduced to £3k. Even though Peugeot UK were backing the £3.5k.

List price has been reduced.

Am I the mug persuing a deal. They seem to write their own rules don't they.

And yes, I know I can say no and walk away.
I’m afraid your dealer is aware of your excitement about getting the car. Showing any interest in a car to a salesman is never a good idea when it comes to negotiating!

Go to a few other dealers, and see what they are offering. Even if they’re far away from you. If you find something better, ask your local dealer to match it. Remember, even if you have to travel to pick the car up, you can still use your local dealer to do servicing and any warranty work. That would rub salt in the wound, when you turn up with a new Peugeot with another dealership’s sticker in the rear screen!

·
Registered
90 Posts
I’ll be keen to see what my dealer says when they return. I’ve had some courtesy emails during lockdown but no talk of ££ just delivery.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts