Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After the test drive (mentioned on another thread) I had questions about servicing and prices etc. The salesman literally had no idea about EVs, electric charging or servicing but to be fair he would go and find out. "The more questions you ask me, the more I am going to learn" he said.

He came back to me to say that the servicing on the e-208 was 8000 miles or 1 year. I told him this could not be right and would be a bit of deal breaker for us as we do around 15,000 miles a year in each of our cars, and I did not see how an EV would need such frequent servicing. He re-iterated that it did seem frequent but as pricing was meant to be "About £100" for a service "as EV's don't need much doing to them" then it would still be cheap overall, which was a fair point I guess.

However he went to triple check and eventually came back with the official Peugeot Service Schedule for the e-208:

Initial Inspection Service at 8000 miles/1 year.
Then service intervals at 16,000 miles or every 2 years whichever is sooner. "Thats much better/more sensible" we both agreed!

Replacement of passenger compartment filter: Every 16,000 miles/2 years (Is that the pollen filter I am guessing?)
Replacement of brake fluid: Every 2 years.
Check of PH of coolant: 80,000 miles / 4 years. Then every 16,000 miles / 2 years.
Check of headlamp adjustment: 4 years. Then every 2 years

And that was it. I am sure this can or may change as time goes by. Just goes to show this is all new for the PSA group. Apart from mention of costing " about £100", nothing else confirmed and what it will all cost. That is where the car manufacturers are going to have to do some calculating as with uptake of EVs and dwindling ICE sales they will lose much of their revenue streams, on routine servicing and things that need replacing.

MM

·
Registered
1 Posts
It's servicing interval is either 8000 miles or once a year. The service plan is approximately £9 per month.
The actual service schedule is as the OP stated, first initial service at 8000 miles or 1 year. Then subsequently every 16000 miles or 2 years.

·
Registered
Renault Zoe 50
17,717 Posts
Replacement of passenger compartment filter: Every 16,000 miles/2 years (Is that the pollen filter I am guessing?)
Replacement of brake fluid: Every 2 years.
Check of PH of coolant: 80,000 miles / 4 years. Then every 16,000 miles / 2 years.
Check of headlamp adjustment: 4 years. Then every 2 years
They really were scratching their heads for things to do to justify an annual service.

I’m just surprised they don’t require an oil change.

·
Registered
4,758 Posts

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
I see a dealer service as part of the warranty

luckily £60 is better than £400

I started servicing my Brabus myself when they changed me for a big service then told me all the extras needed on a big service (spark plugs, cabin filter etc) didn’t need replacing as I’d not covered the mileage since the last service.

when I asked why I paid £200 more this time they said “we check more stuff”

in the end they replaced the spark plugs as a gesture of good will - wtf

after that I serviced myself

EV nice new easy but can’t diy with a new car

JJ

1 - 6 of 6 Posts