Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 178 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,030 Posts
Did they
£33k for high spec after grant

Autocar Link
I can't see price in article - was is edited?

They say "It’s a bit early to tell for certain how good the 208 is, while prices won’t be announced until much closer to the end of the year"

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That’s weird. The article has been removed. It may have been embargoed? I think it said base spec was £28k. GT £33k. ‘It appeared this was after the grant’

·
Registered
941 Posts
Did they

I can't see price in article - was is edited?

They say "It’s a bit early to tell for certain how good the 208 is, while prices won’t be announced until much closer to the end of the year"
Ha...they had prices when I looked at the link this morning, but it looks like they've changed it now!

Said it was £28k for the entry level spec and £33k for the GT version. Guess they were wrong or weren't supposed to announce it!

EDIT: Typo, I meant £28k, not £23k!

·
Premium Member
10,030 Posts
Peugeot are only doing the e-208 in the GT spec for UK. I can't see it being £33K after grant as they would struggle to sell any against Zoe ZE50. It definitely won't be £23K as they don't have many to sell in UK - which is also why they are only doing GT spec.

The entry Corsa-e is £26,450 so I suspect the e-208 will be a bit more than that as higher spec and (maybe better?) brand. It is odd you can spec a Corsa today but Peugeot are keeping mum.

·
Registered
92 Posts
This is from google:

But you click the link and it goes to the mid July article about the prototype review. Nothing about pricing. If the GT spec really is over £33k thats insane and way more than i was expecting. I'll just buy the top spec MG ZS, save the £10k, enjoy the bigger car and live with its faults. Anyone still interested in buying a GT at that price?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The article has definitely been edited in the last 3 hours or so.

Prices given in the original article were £28,700 to £33,300 (after PICG).
Yep, that’s what it said. Pretty steep after the grant. I think it mentioned that details were being sent to lease companies so they can be ordered by company car users.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Peugeot are only doing the e-208 in the GT spec for UK. I can't see it being £33K after grant as they would struggle to sell any against Zoe ZE50. It definitely won't be £23K as they don't have many to sell in UK - which is also why they are only doing GT spec.

The entry Corsa-e is £26,450 so I suspect the e-208 will be a bit more than that as higher spec and (maybe better?) brand. It is odd you can spec a Corsa today but Peugeot are keeping mum.

Sorry the £23k was a typo, it was £28k. But yea it is odd, why they are so closed lipped about it. Perhaps waiting for Renault to blink first?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Putting lead times aside why would people pay over £30k for it when the Kona and eniro arent much more (or less)? Putting aside the supply issues for a moment of course.
Im so disappointed. It was this or the ZS for me and i really wanted the 208 but theres no way i can go over 30k for it. May have a look at the corsa but its a bit 'meh' and still big money. The mini only has 3 doors.
Rubbish.
Hopefully they pulled the article because they got the numbers wrong. Although i doubt it.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Prices sound about right, the EUR/£ is about 1.08 at the moment and market forecasts for a no deal Brexit are about 1.02, which means that the price will be close to parity to the Euro.

The EUR prices in France at the moment are:

Allure: €33.3K
GT Line: €35.6K
GT: €37.2K

·
Registered
15 Posts
I’ve read an article this evening and it’s quoting a similar price, the price is incredibly high in relation to the petrol or diesel model.

I will not cancel my reservation just yet, and wait and see what VW does with it’s pricing for the ID3. I would have been more than happy with the Mini if it had a decent range.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Assuming the pricing is due to material costs and not companies taking advantage, it feels like we are still years away from the pricing being low enough to tempt the mainstream people. Sure the company car drivers might give it a go. The whole situation is so frustrating.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I’ve read an article this evening and it’s quoting a similar price, the price is incredibly high in relation to the petrol or diesel model.

I will not cancel my reservation just yet, and wait and see what VW does with it’s pricing for the ID3. I would have been more than happy with the Mini if it had a decent range.

Just had a look on the Peugeot website and it’s listing the 208 GT EV at 29650.00 including the government grant.

1 - 20 of 178 Posts