• Only Car

Votes: 8 22.9%

• Total voters
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a relatively new E-Golf driver and it's my first EV. The other car in our household is an old X3. I'll say the E-Golf is our main because we've taken a 15k mileage allowance on the lease so try and use it as much as possible...plus it's my the best to drive of course :)

It would be good to be in a position to afford 2 EV's but not quite there at the minute. Ideally something a little bigger with a 200 mile range would help with the occasional longer family trip away!

·
Registered
211 Posts
My e Golf was bought quite definitely as a second car.

Having had it for 3 months now, it's looking like it might be my main car.

·
Registered
226 Posts
My e-Golf is my main car, though I have a VW T5.1 campervan for those other times. But I do use the T5.1 for runs to the tip, bicycle carrying, as well as trips out.

The bicycle carrying aspect is one thing that the ID.3 interests me.

·
Registered
693 Posts
My Golf is my Main car, even though we have my wife's 208 Derv "aka the tractor"...

I cover 25-27k PA in my car. When we do go further than the cars range, we are quite happy to stop for a coffee (any excuse) we have come to embrace the stops as part of the journey. But dont get me wrong, it would certainly be nice to have a car thats got 250+ miles so stopping is a choice not the Need... BUT Im just not willing to pay through the nose for a 50-64 kwh battery to cover those miles. 30-40 mins of my time and a £2.60 Americano is fine for now :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My Golf is my Main car, even though we have my wife's 208 Derv "aka the tractor"...

I cover 25-27k PA in my car. When we do go further than the cars range, we are quite happy to stop for a coffee (any excuse) we have come to embrace the stops as part of the journey. But dont get me wrong, it would certainly be nice to have a car thats got 250+ miles so stopping is a choice not the Need... BUT Im just not willing to pay through the nose for a 50-64 kwh battery to cover those miles. 30-40 mins of my time and a £2.60 Americano is fine for now :)
It gets plenty of use then. Agree that’s not the right value proposition in the 250 mile space at the moment. A single stop is fine but anything that requires more than one/doesn’t have a destination charging option would tend to make me think twice

·
Registered
693 Posts
It gets plenty of use then. Agree that’s not the right value proposition in the 250 mile space at the moment. A single stop is fine but anything that requires more than one/doesn’t have a destination charging option would tend to make me think twice
My previous Ev was a 27kwh Kia Soul that this time of year only had approx 75 miles of range. My daily commute is 68 miles with no workplace option of charging. Everyday was a Squeaky Bum day :p I put 78k on it in 30mths. It was a fantastic car, just let down by its lack of range (for me) As a side note Kia tested the battery after those miles and it only lost 4%. The car was rapid charged every single workday and filled too 100% on the overnight charge cycle. not treated the way we are told to treat batteries, but it lasted well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts