Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For a week or more now, when either charging my July 2020 e golf immediately or timed from my Zappi 2 home charger, it has stopped charging, i.e. no current is flowing from the charging point to the car. After trying to eliminate the obvious I found I could replicate the fault by wiggling the charging point connector when plugging into the car I decided to clean the contacts on connector on both the charging point lead and the car. When inspecting the connector on the car I noticed that the CP contact (pin), i.e. the one on the top row on the RHS, does not protrude as far out as the other contacts: is this normal or has the contact been inadvertently pushed back? To me they should all protrude the same amount as per the counterparts on the charging point connector.

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
Try wiggling the cable where it enters the gun, sometime this area where the cable is compressed fails and the most likely wire to fail is the CP line, its the thinnest.

I did have a connection fail on my type1 where a seed had got into the car socket and prevented the gun going fully home.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm beginning to suspect the charging point. I've just put on instant charge: after 10 mins it said charge complete even though there's about 40% charge in the batteries. Started it again and noticed from my smart meter that it stop charging after about another 15 minutes: went to the charging point and entered the access code and it sparked back into life. I was very careful not to disturb the cable. Anyone else had similar issues with a Zappi 2?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts