Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Last one rolled out this week. Sad day I think. Fantastic car, and a ton more impressive in style inside and out than the ID3, with half the motoring specs.

·
Registered
95 Posts

Last one rolled out this week. Sad day I think. Fantastic car, and a ton more impressive in style inside and out than the ID3, with half the motoring specs.
Agree, just makes it even more desirable in my eyes.

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
A damn shame. A true mainstream EV that looks like a normal car and fits into the existing range. Certainly a better idea than the ID3 spaceship.

·
Registered
137 Posts
My only hope, now that e-golf product line is stopped, vw will open up some more, so that we as owner can still enhance it. Maybe opening the BMS so that we can upgrade the battery.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Love my e-Golf. Wonderful for around town and for long trips, too, though I am very patient.

·
Premium Member
11,448 Posts
VW made little to no profit on the eGolf, it was effectively a compliance car to get Super-credits and meet EU targets to 2020. Obviously without it they would have had fines, so it effectively did make them money - if you follow my logic!

Much of it was handmade so it was not viable to scale and to meet emissions moving forward they needed more volume at lower cost - hence ID3.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Did not realize it was hand made. Makes it even more special: a hand made German one-off, albeit a mass produced one.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Sounds good. Still, 150 to 200 miles of range would make BEV driving much easier for those who don't have off street parking, and probably convince more people to quickly switch to BEV from ICE.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts