Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,336 Posts
Perhaps they are taking the opportunity of the delays in delivering the iD3 "due to Covid-19" to redevelop the software from scratch?

·
Premium Member
4,100 Posts
Makes sense to me to keep production of something that works very well for most people and was still in demand when they canned it.

Better to be building and selling EVs than none at all.

·
Registered
3,332 Posts
Makes sense to me to keep production of something that works very well for most people and was still in demand when they canned it.

Good way to reduce stock of some of the Mk 7 / 7.5 bits I guess !.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

its more likely emissions targets. April just started and they now have stricter requirements. I could be wrong!

·
Premium Member
4,100 Posts
You never know, you could be...

With Europe’s car factories at a standstill, mostly, or at the very least crawling along at a fraction of their output, I’d have thought emissions targets would be going out of the window right now.

More likely they’ve found they can carry on assembly in low volume at the Dresden ‘glass factory’ whilst maintaining social distancing and without running out of parts due to the low volume.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts