My Evezy.co.uk referral code: b4552
Tesla Model 3 SR
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Hatchback Volkswagen
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Hatchback Volkswagen
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Transport
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Volkswagen Hatchback
Whilst the E-Up! is in for a little remedial work, I've been loaned an E-Golf. Looks like base spec and I doubt it has the heat pump as switching the heat on takes 10% toll on the GoM immediately. Anyway, it's a rather nice piece of kit, with a couple of flaws I've found so far:

Pros:
  • 120 mile indicated range when full - 90 mile real world range on my first trip - more than the E-Up.
  • Beautifully built, lovely to drive - It's a Golf
  • Adaptive cruise control is fantastic
  • Sat nav screen is clear, graphics are good - not sure it's as good as the Leaf one in terms of charging station availability.
  • Headlights are incredible
  • Looks good - a lad in a MK7 GTI stopped and looked at it very closely. I think he wants the DRLs!
  • You get Type 2 and EVSE cables included

Cons:

• Only a 16A charge rate and a big battery - like really?!
  • CCS don't work!
  • It's a Golf - It has small wheels and no exhaust pipe either so from some angles looks a bit base modelish
  • It's slower than the E-Up
  • Options are £££ - The E-Up has all the options as standard.

A few slightly rubbish pictures are attached. I'll try and get some better ones when it dries out a bit!

·
Tesla Model 3 SR
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey @Paul

I'll probably have it at least the week - the new charging port for the Up is 5 days away and requires removal of the battery and all cables to the inverter that run the length of the car to be replaced!!! Ouch!

·
Registered
731 Posts
What do the extra parking sensors on the side do? Is there an extra graphic on the display for the side of the car as well?

I really like the look of the mk7 Golf it's very pretty from all angles

·
Tesla Model 3 SR
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What do the extra parking sensors on the side do? Is there an extra graphic on the display for the side of the car as well?

I really like the look of the mk7 Golf it's very pretty from all angles
Yup, it has side sensors and self parking!

Just noticed it has full LED interior lighting... Nice!

·
Now enjoying my new Kia SOUL EV
2020 Hyundai Ioniq Electric (38.3 kWh) Premium SE in Iron Grey with Shale Grey Interior option
1,204 Posts
I was at the Paris Motor Show at the weekend @Paul - OMFG - Passat GTE, Kia Soul EV... etc - SO MANY EVs I want now. :D
That new Passat looks good but I'll need to see the performance/economy figures

Derek

·
2020 Hyundai Ioniq Electric (38.3 kWh) Premium SE in Iron Grey with Shale Grey Interior option
1,204 Posts
And I rather like the look of the Outlander PHEV Concept S

·
Registered
Nissan LEAF N-Connecta 40kWh; Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV
333 Posts
I want one. For no other reason than it's an EV and it looks really nice (to me). :D

I also want several other EVs, but that's beside the point. :)
I do too. I am a VW/Audi man at heart and I do like the instrument layout (I guess it is just what I am familiar with), Personally I do find Japanese dashboards very haphazard.

Nevertheless the LEAF was acquired at a very reasonable price, is doing its job admirably and funds do not permit frivolous car swapping, so drooling can continue until such time as a change is on the cards.

·
1,204 Posts
Not so sure about Toyota's approach to the future though??

·
Tesla Model 3 SR
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Auto show Sport utility vehicle
I should probably do another thread, but here is the new Outlander. They were pushing the old (current) one very hard too. They also had a little i Miev on their stand too..

·
Super Moderator
7,572 Posts
Yeah Paris was a great show, took the Soul out for a spin as well, seemed really good.

·
Tesla Model 3 SR
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Stupidly, I had managed to leave my driving license at home, so couldn't partake in any of the test driving, even though I had arranged to do so. Doh!

·
Super Moderator
7,572 Posts
7 Year warranty too. How did it compare to the Leaf?
Better build quality, felt a bit nippier and a bit quieter inside. Some sensible features like heated/cooled seats and a "driver only" button on the climate control for when you're driving on your own. Once the drivetrain is in a more aerodynamic car it should get half decent range, too.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts