·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Reactions: Kevin Sharpe

·
Premium Member
8,939 Posts
This is very telling about EV reviews in general and how unrealistic they are. They don't have home charging, proper home charging, the best and easiest way to charge and the reason we don't worry like he does about charge and range on a daily basis.

Conclusion, you need a decent untethered home charger to review EVs as they would be used by the majority of EV owners. Otherwise it's like reviewing a petrol car in a location with no filling stations within hundreds of miles.

·
Registered
916 Posts
This is very telling about EV reviews in general and how unrealistic they are. They don't have home charging, proper home charging, the best and easiest way to charge and the reason we don't worry like he does about charge and range on a daily basis.

Conclusion, you need an decent untethered home charger to review EVs as they would be used by the majority of EV owners. Otherwise it's like reviewing a petrol car in a location with no filling stations within hundreds of miles.
Range anxiety on a 40 mile round trip at 50mph? extension cable across the path? Dear,oh Dear..o_O

·
Premium Member
1,347 Posts
I guess the reviewer knows his audience and has written a piece that will reinforce their stereotypes. It's an accurate account of the first week's adaptation to an EV (but without the motivation that comes from making a financial commitment). I wonder whether he would have written anything different if he had driven a LEAF, i3 or Zoe.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Probably worth pointing out that Sniff's reviews are rarely serious, nobody would base a car purchase decision on one of his reviews.
His site is much more about poking fun at the car industry in general.

·
Super Moderator
7,463 Posts

Conclusion, you need an decent untethered home charger to review EVs as they would be used by the majority of EV owners. Otherwise it's like reviewing a petrol car in a location with no filling stations within hundreds of miles.
I think you're absolutely right. Kind of stupid for VW (or anyone) to give out press cars for a -week- without checking the drivers ability to charge at home :rolleyes:

·
Registered
916 Posts
I guess the reviewer knows his audience and has written a piece that will reinforce their stereotypes. It's an accurate account of the first week's adaptation to an EV (but without the motivation that comes from making a financial commitment). I wonder whether he would have written anything different if he had driven a LEAF, i3 or Zoe.
Did this guy even get a charging card to work with,or was he just handed an extension reel with the car?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts