Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, just signing my lease for a e golf and considering the maintenance package. Can you tell me what the general service schedule looks like for a new e golf?

i.e is it serviced every 20,000 miles @ £150 per service?
rough numbers would be appreciated

Also typically with the standard disc wheels what is cost of tyres?

·
Registered
79 Posts
So 18k or 2 years till first service (inspection), then 18k or a year until expanded inspection, then alternate between the two every 18k or 1 year.

·
Premium Member
2,640 Posts
My new e-Golf is set to 20k miles or 24 months for service.

Tyres will be in the range of £75 each for the standard size.

·
Registered
4,338 Posts
We paid £125 for our first service, others have paid more.
It's 20k miles first service and then 10 or 20k or each year. I think the dealers have some influence on when the car says it needs a service. When we bought the car it was saying online second service and brake fluid change at 30k. I questioned that with our local VW dealer and they said brake fluid change at 3 years. My wife drives a lot so we do 25k per year.
After the 1st service it came back saying 20k miles to next service or two years, same as it was set with new.
Others experience may be different but our local dealer seems good on servicing, not so on sales.

Still haven't changed tyres but intend to put cross climates on, they are about £85 each last time I looked online at prices. The tyres on the car were about £65.
We are on 34k and there's enough tread on the tyre to get to 45-50k I expect but I'll change them before winter as they weren't great in the wet last winter so will be worse with less tread left this year.
On a two year lease you won't need tyres unless you get a puncture. 3 years, will depend on your mileage.

·
Registered
77 Posts
We are picking up 2 new e-Golfs today & when I asked about servicing was told that the cost would be £389 at 10k miles. I will definitely be querying that with someone other than the salesman!

·
Registered
4,338 Posts
During the ID 3 reveal on Monday they mentioned servicing will be every 2 years and not mileage dependant.
Looking at the list of things they check during servicing on the link simon-g posted there is very little to do to service a BEV.
If you get charged £300+ that needs to be for both of your cars. I think he was talking about an ICE service.

·
Registered
77 Posts
If you get charged £300+ that needs to be for both of your cars. I think he was talking about an ICE service.
He was definitely talking about just the one car & an EV service. He went on to explain that they only have 2 EV-qualified technicians and their training etc is part of the reason for the high price (this is a large well-known VW group). I decided not to argue the point at the time. When it comes close to the time that a service is needed, I'll follow up again & go elsewhere if necessary!

·
Registered
4,338 Posts
He was definitely talking about just the one car & an EV service. He went on to explain that they only have 2 EV-qualified technicians and their training etc is part of the reason for the high price (this is a large well-known VW group). I decided not to argue the point at the time. When it comes close to the time that a service is needed, I'll follow up again & go elsewhere if necessary!
The comment was in jest.
We were quoted the standard ICE service price while be told about the benefits of their good value service plan. At that point no one could tell us the price of an EV service. There have been posts on here about 1st service being done at 10k miles as the dealer insisted that's when it had to be done, and charging much nearer £200.
I don't remember reading on speakev of services being over £200, but there haven't been many posts with service costs.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
£300 for a service on an e.Golf is crazy !.
What the hell do they do ( or don’t do ) for that sort of money ???.
Battery coolant level check, windscreen washer bottle level check & top up, brake fluid level check .......... after this I am struggling to see what requires attention after only 20,000 miles.
Total rip off !!!!.

·
Registered
77 Posts
the dealer insisted that's when it had to be done
...and this is the key point! We get our cars this afternoon, so don't know how servicing is presented in the car or My VW yet. I'm hoping there's no way for the dealer to override whatever the car should be set to! My daughter got a new CitiGo in November last year. She's been getting "reminder" texts since August that it's due for a service (over 3 months early).

I feel sorry for people who don't do their own research & just do as their over-selling dealer tells them.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
...and this is the key point! We get our cars this afternoon, so don't know how servicing is presented in the car or My VW yet. I'm hoping there's no way for the dealer to override whatever the car should be set to! My daughter got a new CitiGo in November last year. She's been getting "reminder" texts since August that it's due for a service (over 3 months early).

I feel sorry for people who don't do their own research & just do as their over-selling dealer tells them.
They pray on the people who just tell them to go ahead with the work in order to get their cars back.
The very same thing happened on my wife’s Fiat 500.
They where either ringing or sending a text every couple of weeks a good 2 months before the service was really due !.
The car is now over 3 years old and has only covered 8,000 miles !.
Blood suckers !.

·
Registered
83 Posts
They pray on the people who just tell them to go ahead with the work in order to get their cars back.
The very same thing happened on my wife’s Fiat 500.
They where either ringing or sending a text every couple of weeks a good 2 months before the service was really due !.
The car is now over 3 years old and has only covered 8,000 miles !.
Blood suckers !.
I totally understand wat your are saying.my bmw was the same.the dealer was ringing me telling the car was due a service.I told him to piss off il decide who services the car.When I ordered my e-golf I was offered a service pack.2 services for £200.So I think the prices your being quoted are bullshit.And to be fair I got my bmw serviced it only costed £200 and that’s at a main dealer.i would ring vw and see what they say.stealers can be thieves

·
Registered
655 Posts
First service was 20k miles or 2 years. In Aug at 16 months old it hit 20k. Service cost £159. Next service is 20k miles or one year. Apparently. Two services for £200 sounds pretty decent.

I changed to Michelin Cross Climates last Nov at 10k miles. It was about £390 because I missed the special offer on them by less than a week. At my 20k service I had 5.5mm left on the front and 6.5mm on the back.

I've still got the original Bridgestones in my garage. I really should get on and try selling them.

·
Registered
83 Posts
First service was 20k miles or 2 years. In Aug at 16 months old it hit 20k. Service cost £159. Next service is 20k miles or one year. Apparently. Two services for £200 sounds pretty decent.

I changed to Michelin Cross Climates last Nov at 10k miles. It was about £390 because I missed the special offer on them by less than a week. At my 20k service I had 5.5mm left on the front and 6.5mm on the back.

I've still got the original Bridgestones in my garage. I really should get on and try selling them.
How do you find the Michelin cross climates?are they really good?was in two minds about them or winter wheels.

·
Registered
655 Posts
How do you find the Michelin cross climates?are they really good?was in two minds about them or winter wheels.
Much better in cold and/or wet weather than stock. Not had much snow or ice, but seemed fine. I'm moving to the Highlands soon. Keeping them for this winter, haven't decided if I'm going for proper winters or cross climates next year.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts