Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

im just about to place an order to lease the above e-Niro as I have found a great deal online but cannot find anywhere where it says I will be able to use the 2 model variant via the kia app to pre condition the temperature of the car and more importantly schedule charging times to take advantage of the cheap overnight rates etc

Are there any owners of a version 2 that confirm whether they can use the app to do this or is it just enabled for the 3 and 4+ versions

Help much appreciated

regards

·
Registered
702 Posts
Hi

im just about to place an order to lease the above e-Niro as I have found a great deal online but cannot find anywhere where it says I will be able to use the 2 model variant via the kia app to pre condition the temperature of the car and more importantly schedule charging times to take advantage of the cheap overnight rates etc

Are there any owners of a version 2 that confirm whether they can use the app to do this or is it just enabled for the 3 and 4+ versions

Help much appreciated

regards
I don't think there is an app for the 2 model variant. This is called UVO and doesn't appear under '2'.

·
Registered
60 Posts
There is no app with the 2. You can set up automatic timed charging and preconditioning with the car's screen, but not from your phone. There's no built in sat nav either, but Android Auto works well.

I love my 2. I can't really see the point of the extra gimmicks of the 3 and 4+ to be honest.

·
Registered
Kia e-Niro 4+ Yacht Blue. Jan 2021
163 Posts
There is nothing in the app that you can't do in the car.
Scheduling etc can all be done via the infotainment screen.

I only really use the app to check that the car is actually charging when it is supposed to be.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There is no app with the 2. You can set up automatic timed charging and preconditioning with the car's screen, but not from your phone. There's no built in sat nav either, but Android Auto works well.

I love my 2. I can't really see the point of the extra gimmicks of the 3 and 4+ to be honest.
thank you. I some how missed your reply. That’s great to know. And yes Im not that bothered about sat nav as I would only normally use android auto or car play

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
The only real benefits of the app are...

Unscheduled pre-conditioning - so if you wake up and its frosty you can precondition the car from your phone, dont have to go out and set it.

Status - I can check charging, if the car is locked, how long till fully charged etc etc from my phone.

Not essential, but really nice to have.

·
Registered
Kia e-Niro MY20 64 kWh - Gravity Blue
946 Posts
I think there are other benefits that might be useful depending on the use case.

• Restart an interrupted charge. May come in handy when the car is on a street charger that loses connection
  • Change the charge limit if you suddenly realize you left it at 70% but you now want the car to charge to 90% because you're on a free vend charger.
  • Send a destination to the car before you actually leave. It's sometimes easier IMO to find a place in the app and send it than finding it through the screen in the car.

·
Registered
211 Posts
True.

I wouldn't be without the app now, but if I'd never had it, not sure I'd miss it
Have yet to try using preconditioning via UVO. But as we mainly drive ad-hoc it was great on our BMW, hope UVO is as good. Anticipate using the app to keep an eye on public charging. As you say would not want to be without now, but you don’t tend to miss what you haven’t had.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts