Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Kia e-Niro
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I can confirm that MY20 is getting 11 kW OBC, but it is a factory option (7,2 kW OBC is standard), so it depends on the particular market ordering specs.
In Germany it's a 500 EUR option, but in the Baltic region we get it as standard.
Karolis from my time in living in Norway, Sweden and Finland 3 phase was quite common if I recall correctly. Thats probably the reason it's a standard offer.

Having said that, when I had my Tesla. I could 3 ph charge all over Germany & Austria at even the smallest Pension.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Karolis from my time in living in Norway, Sweden and Finland 3 phase was quite common if I recall correctly. Thats probably the reason it's a standard offer.

Having said that, when I had my Tesla. I could 3 ph charge all over Germany & Austria at even the smallest Pension.
Yeah, 3 phase is quite common here. And 99 percent of shopping/destination chargers are either 11kW or 22kW units, so having 11kW OBC in e-Niro makes perfect sense.

·
Registered
2020 Kia e-Niro
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
So just to confirm Kia UK have apologised for the tweet they put out stating PH3 charging is available on the MY 2020 :rolleyes:. It isn't. They stated there'll be different versions of the MY21 and the top version will have 3 ph 11kw charger on board.

Their Tweet DM
attached.

·
Registered
2020 Kia e-Niro
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #25

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just had a useful chat with my dealer.
The MY21 4 will have 3 phase as standard, and a letterbox sun roof and chrome pedals and driver memory seat as standard. Will be £1100 more (£1600 more if like me you ordered before the UK Gov grant was reduced as you have to reorder and will only get the new grant level).
There will also be a MY21 3 series with reduced spec from the current MY20 4 such as no led headlights or ambient lighting. But cheaper though (£500-1000) depending on your current grant if you have already ordered. It won't have 3 phase charging.
And gravity blue has been replaced by yacht blue.
I'm going to hold on for my MY20 4. Ordered 2 Dec 19 expected in 1-2m.

·
Registered
2020 Kia e-Niro
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Just had a useful chat with my dealer.
The MY21 4 will have 3 phase as standard, and a letterbox sun roof and chrome pedals and driver memory seat as standard. Will be £1100 more (£1600 more if like me you ordered before the UK Gov grant was reduced as you have to reorder and will only get the new grant level).
There will also be a MY21 3 series with reduced spec from the current MY20 4 such as no led headlights or ambient lighting. But cheaper though (£500-1000) depending on your current grant if you have already ordered. It won't have 3 phase charging.
And gravity blue has been replaced by yacht blue.
I'm going to hold on for my MY20 4. Ordered 2 Dec 19 expected in 1-2m.
Think your dealer may have got it wrong. there'll be various versions available as far as i can make out. the more expensive version will have 3ph.

·
Registered
3 Posts
If 'various' means two then that's consistent with the dealer info - '3' version without 3ph and '4' version with. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

·
Registered
1 Posts
my20 Irish spec delivered in March has 3ph 11kw charging, but came with a single phase 7kw cable. I questioned my dealer about this after the advice of few irish fb members and was given a 32a 3h cable foc. been using the cable for a few times 40mins gets 7.39kwh on a destination 3ph charger.

·
Registered
2020 Kia e-Niro
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Our UK MY20, received a few days ago, has no prongs in the bottom holes of the socket.
Nope I now have my car & there is no 3ph yet on uk e Niro. Kia customer care put out wrong info in a Tweet. They've since apologised..

21 - 32 of 32 Posts