Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting close to buying a 4+ and saying goodbye to my VW Golf GTE. Time to go fully electric, methinks. So, last minute question. Does the E-Niro 4+ come with a domestic charge cable i.e. one with a three pin plug on the end?

Thanks
Silverback

Reactions: Todor

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020
2,724 Posts
It should.

Just came to suggest that you check if you get your 3-phase Type 2 - Type 2 cable with the car. As there were some reports of the wrong cables (single phase).

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Terrific. Thanks for the replies. About the only thing I can think of that isn't on the 4+ is auto opening/closing boot lid.
I might just live without that. :whistle:(y)
Silverback

Reactions: Todor

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Eeek! :eek: Just had a few minutes to think about the reply from Mr Shamus. I had a ROLEC 7.5Kw charger installed in my garage to charge the Golf GTE. This obviously comes off my main electricity supply, which I'm pretty sure is not 3 phase. :unsure: Your comment that the car comes with
a 3 phase type 2 to type 2 cable
doesn't mean that this ROLEC can't be used to charge the 4+, does it?
Silverback

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Phew, Thanks for that. Yes, it has a type 2 connector.
Silverback

·
Super Moderator
7,562 Posts
The portable EVSE (granny charger) charges the eNiro very slowly, it only supplies 2kw of power, so if you were genuinely empty would take 32 hours to fully recharge.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The portable EVSE (granny charger) charges the eNiro very slowly, it only supplies 2kw of power, so if you were genuinely empty would take 32 hours to fully recharge.
Thanks - I am aware of that. I asked only because I'm trying to work out what the 'new driving' experience will be, and I was thinking of when (if?) we go to friends who do not have chargers. As we use their car exclusively during our visits (and they, ours, on their visits to us), I was hoping that I might sneak some electrons overnight, which would have to be from a granny charger.
Only for 'emergencies'!
Silverback

·
Registered
98 Posts
Thanks - I am aware of that. I asked only because I'm trying to work out what the 'new driving' experience will be, and I was thinking of when (if?) we go to friends who do not have chargers. As we use their car exclusively during our visits (and they, ours, on their visits to us), I was hoping that I might sneak some electrons overnight, which would have to be from a granny charger.
Only for 'emergencies'!
Silverback
The 3-phase AC cable is really for public chargers using a type 2 connection, where the car will charge at 11kw,... within 4-5 hrs or so I guess...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts