Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Selecting drive mode to Eco and regeneration 3 (maximum) in vehicle settings but every time I switch back on the setting has gone back to 1 and have to use left paddle to increase back to 3.
Fine if I check before pulling off but usually forget until arriving at first junction and discovering car’s not slowing down!
Am I doing something wrong?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,
I believe you can adjust the pre set for each drive mode with regards the regen brake setting you want. you can also preset a max speed for each drive mode

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi,
I believe you can adjust the pre set for each drive mode with regards the regen brake setting you want. you can also preset a max speed for each drive mode
Thanks. That appears to be what it should do- otherwise what’s the point of going thru Settings : Vehicle : Drive Mode then selecting max regeneration (3) if it reverts to loowest level as soon as you switch off!
Will keep trying!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've set regen to Auto which does stick after powering off and back on. It feels like 2 but increases when the car detects a vehicle in front.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Thanks. That appears to be what it should do- otherwise what’s the point of going thru Settings : Vehicle : Drive Mode then selecting max regeneration (3) if it reverts to loowest level as soon as you switch off!
Will keep trying!
I think you'll find these settings are applied through the Infotainment screen. ;)

John

·
Registered
118 Posts
I've set regen to Auto which does stick after powering off and back on. It feels like 2 but increases when the car detects a vehicle in front.
AUTO acts to modify whatever underlying regen level you prefer to use, decreasing regen uphill and increasing downhill, as well as reacting to the speed of the vehicle ahead of you (including parked cars, which can be annoying). I prefer level 0 + AUTO. Annoyingly, the lowest default level you can set is 1. The effect of AUTO becomes progressively less at higher regen levels.

·
Registered
29 Posts
The default settings for each driver mode can be changed on the infotainment screen when you choose a mode.
Choose mode then the option appears on the screen to change defaults. This should then set the preferences for that mode.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OK - replying this time while sitting in the car! Selecting as follows:
Home screen - Settings - Vehicle - Drive mode - Eco - Recuperation - Level 3 - Home.
Just selected drive and Auto with 1 arrow displayed on dash.
Switched off and on and rechecked mode
- Level 2?
Played with paddles, Switched off and on and reset to mode to 3.
Selected drive and back to level 1 and 1 arrow (in blue) on the dash 😡
Handbook doesn’t help - according to that I should have an Eco+ mode too! (I haven’t!)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Start car
Select drive mode from middle console
Then on the screen when it displays drive mode changes click the settings option
You should be able to set default

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have the same problem with my 2020 Niro EV EX. The dealer service center told me that it is supposed to reset to the factory default every time it is turned on. So the settings in the setup screen are just a teaser on the non-premium EX. I had a Premium loaner for 2 weeks from the dealer that DID retain the drive mode settings when turned off. My car was defective from the factory and required an on board battery charger replacement right after I drove it off the lot! I would have kept the Premium but I hate leather seats and I didn't want to take the chance on the sun roof leaking, not to mention the extra 5K they wanted for it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks guys. Tried the long push on the centre console drive mode button and sure enough up pops eco+ on the dash! And not sure why yet but level 3 regenerative braking now remains selected on start up - even though Eco+ is not selected.
No doubt it’s all in a manual somewhere - but maybe not the paper one!
Plenty still to learn!
I have the same problem with my 2020 Niro EV EX. The dealer service center told me that it is supposed to reset to the factory default every time it is turned on. So the settings in the setup screen are just a teaser on the non-premium EX. I had a Premium loaner for 2 weeks from the dealer that DID retain the drive mode settings when turned off. My car was defective from the factory and required an on board battery charger replacement right after I drove it off the lot! I would have kept the Premium but I hate leather seats and I didn't want to take the chance on the sun roof leaking, not to mention the extra 5K they wanted for it.
It would appear you’ve perhaps had a bigger model range from the outset in the US - in UK Kia released just a single, top spec model, the 2019 ‘First Edition which became the model 4 by 2020, and which has already been replaced by the 4+ (Not sure the 4 even made it into the brochure!)
With the arrival of the 4+ appear two lesser models, the 2 and the 3.
Interesting comment on drive mode settings though - and do all the service centre staff really understand all the features and settings? Sat in the car with my 15yr old son the other evening I learnt as much in 30 minutes as I had over the past week reading tbe manual! 😂😂

1 - 14 of 14 Posts