Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Yes it does.
Come on by selecting reverse or using button.

·
Registered
Kia e-Niro 4 MY20
329 Posts
What the 4 doesn’t have includes, but not limited to, 11kw 3phase charger, ventilated seats, seat position memory, heated rear seats, sunroof, blind spot warning, rear cross traffic alert..... I think that’s it. There are a couple of things on that list I wish I had, but not enough to wait months and pay the extra.

·
Registered
ONTO car hire referral code - a6b57
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What the 4 doesn’t have includes, but not limited to, 11kw 3phase charger, ventilated seats, seat position memory, heated rear seats, sunroof, blind spot warning, rear cross traffic alert..... I think that’s it. There are a couple of things on that list I wish I had, but not enough to wait months and pay the extra.
Agreed. Front parking sensors is (are?) in the 'must have' section of my wants list, but all the others are either 'nice to have but can do without' or 'not bothered'. :)

·
Registered
Kia e-Niro MY20 64 kWh - Gravity Blue
329 Posts
I don't have the front parking sensors but I hear people rave about them. I must say I am not impressed by the rear sensors. Don't get me wrong, they are great for not bumping into a car parked behind you if you reverse without looking. But they are utterly useless for parking in my garage. Whenever you get within 40 cm from a wall it starts beeping the hell out of you so it's no use for tight parking spots which is what I have them for in the 1st place.

They should have maybe two positions: default for warning when backing up, and a low sensitivity mode for tight spaces. And less loud! They scare the bejesus out of me.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Xinix, you don’t have front sensors? I thought they were standard.

Our 4 certainly has them and we never asked for them. Only grumble is that they don’t come on automatically unless you’re just out of reverse, but it’s not much of an issue to press the switch.

Once they’re on they show you exactly which bit of the car is getting close to stuff, ideal for parking in garage.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Agreed. Front parking sensors is (are?) in the 'must have' section of my wants list, but all the others are either 'nice to have but can do without' or 'not bothered'. :)
This is exactly what swayed us towards the 4 - There is a lot to be said for ordering something that’s in stock right now. Ongoing COVID issues could do and are doing much unpleasantness to supply chains and logistics in many businesses.

Meanwhile we ordered a 4 last week. Ready for collection at the dealer today. Being delivered on Tuesday. Simple.

For us, we’d never use vented front seats, weight of a sunroof and electrics and driving it whilst open can’t do much for range....Besides, this is the UK where the weather is mainly other than balmy...And isn’t a sunroof just a little bit too 1987 Austin Montego?

Admittedly the memory seats would have been good, but only because an electric seat with no memory and a 5’3” wife to my 6 feet plus is a pain.

·
Registered
103 Posts
They should have maybe two positions: default for warning when backing up, and a low sensitivity mode for tight spaces. And less loud! They scare the bejesus out of me.
Not sure whether you have this on the European version but on MY20 in the UK there is a facility to adjust the volume of the Parking Distance Warning sounds. See shot of menu item below.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Thanks! It's something that I thought I'd check but forgot to. I assume it's there so will have a look.

This morning I decided to risk sound-induced hallucinations so had a go and parked in the garage using the sensors, I found that the 'red' zone when the beep is continuous actually indicates a proper distance so I can park safe in tight spots. If I can lower the volume so it doesn't drive me bonkers it just might be of use.

·
Registered
2020 Kia e-Niro
146 Posts
I don't have the front parking sensors but I hear people rave about them. I must say I am not impressed by the rear sensors. Don't get me wrong, they are great for not bumping into a car parked behind you if you reverse without looking. But they are utterly useless for parking in my garage. Whenever you get within 40 cm from a wall it starts beeping the hell out of you so it's no use for tight parking spots which is what I have them for in the 1st place.

I've learnt to use the camera on mine and what the lines on the screen actually mean. I never bothered on my other cars. Now I understand them better reversing is easy with the sensors

·
Registered
329 Posts
Yes, they are useful at times. Unfortunately, when I went into the menu to see if I could turn down the volume, I recognized the entry (I have it in Spanish since it's just as natural as english to me and I don't bother to change), and found I already set it at the lowest level. But I admit, the tones and the colour indicators are useful, but it could be tweaked for parking in narrow spaces.

·
Registered
317 Posts
The rear camera is especially helpful at nighttime and/or in the rain. Used them an hour ago in a car park and saw 2 darkly-clothed people walking by with a shopping trolley that I could barely see just by looking back.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts