Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just doing my first big journey since buying the first edition E-niro back in October last year. A drive from mid Wales to Peterborough just to look at some sofas.
Charged to 100% at home prior to the journey. I was really impressed with the regen from the start, whilst on 100% I could still pull 27kw in regen braking using the paddle, it must have a decent size top buffer (the Leaf I had before disabled the regen when at 100%).
Got to Peterborough in 3 hours (160 miles) using just 58% of the battery whilst traveling at 70mph + (GPS speed) where I could on the motorway. Average was 4.2 miles per kwh.
Charged up at a free vend Engenie before heading back home (also tried the Ionity at Peterborough with the maingau card).
The e-niro does really make driving an EV a piece of cake.
Total cost of the journey was the 70p I spent using the maingau card to test the Ionity.

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
Welcome to the incredible, genuine range from the e-Niro/Kona/Soul family! :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Nice! Looking forward to seeing what I can get out of one of these! I find so much more relaxing when driving at slower speeds these days and letting everyone else overtake.

·
Registered
14 Posts
"Charged up at a free vend Engenie before heading back home (also tried the Ionity at Peterborough with the maingau card)." SadlyI used Ionity in France recently via a Chargemap card. The cost was phenomenal as Ionity charge 0.79Euro per Kw and Chargemap add their overhead. Had my Maingau card arrived in time, maybe I would have saved some cash. Is there still a big discount with that card?

·
Registered
14 Posts
And talking of charging costs, across the channel, Hyundai and also Kia I think have joined with a charging network to offer their customers better EV charging costs, often free in supermarkets and IKEA etc IF you have a manufacturer card or equivalent. I had asked Kia UK in August if they were planning something similar here and they replied, "That's a good idea, we'll look into to it".

1 - 12 of 12 Posts