Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I keep reading that the e-Niro has the biggest boot in its class with 451 litres. When I opened the boot at the dealership I was quite underwhelmed though.
From the perspective of being a father with a baby which means A LOT to carry for any distance (pram, travel cot, luggage for 3, toys, bouncing chair, etc), I wonder how people manage...

Do you think the 451 litre is calculated on the basis of space above the floor? Or on the basis of the whole boot after removing the floor, the foam inserts etc?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I watched that and it’s useful but it doesn’t help in comparing with ICE cars (our dilemma is: replace Zoe40 with e-Niro or get a 2nd hand ICE car. All I’ve got to compare is the official « litres » figure

·
Registered
2020 Kia e-Niro
110 Posts
Yep you can remove the polystyrene under the boot mat and get a lot more space. I'm surprised at the overall size and shape of the boot. It's great. However my Springer is uncomfortable in the back because fo the angle of the rear seats & rear window, Doesn't live much head room between the top of the rear seat and the window but at the lower end between the bottom of the seat and the rear door there is a lot of space. His travel crate doesn't really fit if the seats are up.

But all in all its a great car and we love it.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
In addition, his Kia seems to have a lower boot floor than the one I saw at the dealership. Bjorn comments on it at the start
He’s removed the first layer of preformed trims which add nothing except for some hidden storage pockets. This allows the boot floor to drop lower. Easy to do if you need a deeper space.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
I keep reading that the e-Niro has the biggest boot in its class with 451 litres. When I opened the boot at the dealership I was quite underwhelmed though.
From the perspective of being a father with a baby which means A LOT to carry for any distance (pram, travel cot, luggage for 3, toys, bouncing chair, etc), I wonder how people manage...

Do you think the 451 litre is calculated on the basis of space above the floor? Or on the basis of the whole boot after removing the floor, the foam inserts etc?
Have to agree it’s not that big. Basically because it’s not a true full EV design from the ground up. It’s compromised by the the phev/plugin Variants.
suggest you get a weekend or other 48hr test drive or longer if poss and see if it works for your circumstances.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Have to agree it’s not that big. Basically because it’s not a true full EV design from the ground up. It’s compromised by the the phev/plugin Variants.
suggest you get a weekend or other 48hr test drive or longer if poss and see if it works for your circumstances.
Good idea, didn’t think that was even possible. Any idea how to get one of those test drives?

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Good idea, didn’t think that was even possible. Any idea how to get one of those test drives?
Ask your local Kia dealer. I got an all day test drive when the car was launched. Play one dealer off against another too, to get best options.

paid option... try this Electric Vehicles | EV Experience Centre and call to see if available. Only other options might be week hire.

·
Registered
163 Posts

Take the luggage cover out; it's a hindrance to a bigger dog or to accommodating a lot of clobber. The tinted windows mean you can't see much of what's in there from outside.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Take the luggage cover out; it's a hindrance to a bigger dog or to accommodating a lot of clobber. The tinted windows mean you can't see much of what's in there from outside.
As a golfer, the club test at dealerships is essential. Have to say that Kona failed. NIro designer must be a golfer since there is a slot on the right that seems designed to put clubs across with enough space leaving Driver in the bag. I can even get my electric golf trolley in behind( wheels off) So don't have to push rear seat down, happy days.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts