Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

Does your e-Niro suffer from the clicking noise?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
ID3 1st & e-Golf
5,975 Posts
Good to see there are many more that don't have the issue, but we do have several more members with an e-Niro. Hopefully we will hear from a few more.

I've only just got round to voting. I mostly use tapatalk on my phone and I can't vote on that for some reason I havn't bothered exploring.

My car has the noise, I think it started around 2-3000 miles but really can't remember. It has been in twice, the second time with Kia UK tech staff, and they are going to replace the motor.

Seeing there are a few of us with the problem and there is a problem with the Kona and there are reports of gearbox changes as well it seems they are taking it seriously enough to sort the problem for those who shout.

There is one Kona we know of that has over 40k miles on it and stageshoot hasn't reported any noise from the drivetrain that I have seen. Hopefully that means only certain cars are affected and replacing the part will sort the issue.

·
Registered
ID3 1st & e-Golf
5,975 Posts
I expect there is quite a high number of the early cars that have an issue. I'm not sure everyone will even notice it to start with. When I looked back I reported mine on here less than a month after I took delivery when someone else mentioned it. I had driven about 2000 miles then. I didn't report it to the garage straight away as it was quite quiet and occasional, and I was waiting to see what response others had from their dealers.
It didn't take long to get more noticable, but even then the guy who took it out couldn't make out the noise to start with, I had to take it on a run to get it a little warm and then drive round with him for about 20 mins to be able to hear it with him. Now it is doing it all the time and once you've heard it it is very obvious, but to friends who are used to engines they don't even notice it.

·
Registered
ID3 1st & e-Golf
5,975 Posts
I'm in the US - sorry for messing up the UK stats by casting my vote, but my ENiro has this same clicking noise and it is getting worse as time goes on. It started around 1000 miles. I haven't spoken to a dealer or called Kia yet. I just started to research it and found this thread. It is annoying and concerning. If I find out more info I'll share it.
Your not the only one in the US with the problem who's posting on the forum. There's one or two members who have had the motor replaced in the US successfully so it's worth going back to the dealer and telling them you have a problem.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts