Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

Does your e-Niro suffer from the clicking noise?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm in the US - sorry for messing up the UK stats by casting my vote, but my ENiro has this same clicking noise and it is getting worse as time goes on. It started around 1000 miles. I haven't spoken to a dealer or called Kia yet. I just started to research it and found this thread. It is annoying and concerning. If I find out more info I'll share it.
In Canada (BC) Clicking noise just started at 6,500 km

·
Registered
12 Posts
I live in the UK (Yorkshire) and have had my e-niro for 10 months.
I first noticed a clicking noise coming from my car around June time (not sure what my mileage was but probably around 3000-4000 miles).
It seems to occur when I drive longer distances, say anything over 50 miles (I cover around 20,000-25,000 miles a year).
It doesn't dissipate when I turn off the VESS nor when the regen braking is turned off.
I asked KIA about the noise when it went in for its first service. They couldn't find anything and hadn't heard of any issues of this kind.
This is a well known and world-wide documented problem that Kia is aware and affects Kias made up to late 2019 and early 2020 and Kia will replace the motor under warranty. The motor has a new part number 701 I think vs 700.
The Kia dealer is giving you the gears. It is a $8,000 USD fix so best get it done under warranty.
I had mine replaced under warranty at 5K miles and noise disappeared and has not returned with the new 711 motor.

The problem can also occur with the Kona

·
Registered
12 Posts
Approaching 7k miles since August and no clicking on our eNiro 4. The car is mostly driven by me and I nearly always drive with the regen on level zero, which may mean the components concerned are getting an easier life than average, or maybe not as I do use adaptive cruise a lot.
The noise is not related to regen or gear case or the bearings or half shafts. It is motor related and the fix is a new motor. If you have a Kia with the new motor part number (#701 early 2020) you are probably OK

1 - 3 of 3 Posts