Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well that is my e-Niro servicing and MOT's sorted for the next 5 years. £554 in total which includes 5 x 1 year services + 3 MOT's. As MOT's are charged at £35 each, this means the each service works out at just less than £90 per service.
They also agreed to give me a set of e-Niro mats when they can get some in.

·
Registered
470 Posts
I'm curious to know why the servicing on the Kia electric cars are every 10k/1year, where as their diesels it's every 20k/1 year!
Maybe it is to compensate the dealers for not being able to sell you oil, oil filters, grease, anti-freeze, spark plugs, etc., etc.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Well that is my e-Niro servicing and MOT's sorted for the next 5 years. £554 in total which includes 5 x 1 year services + 3 MOT's. As MOT's are charged at £35 each, this means the each service works out at just less than £90 per service.
Not sure I would want to commit to five years but will go for the 3 year service plan @ £259 when my car arrives (hopefully before the end of the year)

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
£90 to do what though? Is there a service schedule that they have shown you? £90 buys some wiper blades and a lot of screen wash...
At least they are not as expensive as Nissan Leaf's - which cost from £150 to £200 for an annual service, the Renault Zoe 4 year plan works out at £125 per annum, Tesla Model S 4 year plan works out at £562 per annum, Jaguar iPace 4 year plan works out at £95.50 per annum.
Also don't forget that your 7 year warranty could be invalidated unless you have it serviced at the recommended time periods - and having it serviced at an independent garage (if you can find one to work with an EV) might not be much cheaper as they have to use Kia parts and materials.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Maybe it is to compensate the dealers for not being able to sell you oil, oil filters, grease, anti-freeze, spark plugs, etc., etc.
so they can update the infotainment system, given it can't be done over the air?

also, perhaps as this is quite a new model, to give them confidence in the car's longevity in order to support the 7 year warranty?

·
Registered
29 Posts
I view the servicing package as particularly good value since it protects against inflation in servicing and MOT costs, both of which I only expect to go up from the current levels on a five year view. I took out the full 5 yrs/3 MOT deal. It was less than the annual cost on my merc.

Leaf servicing seemed to jump from £99 to £149 during my ownership tho that may have just been my dealer.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
......... Leaf servicing seemed to jump from £99 to £149 during my ownership tho that may have just been my dealer.
Yes, that is for the ordinary service. If it is for the major service, then it jumps to £199

Reactions: Positron

·
Registered
408 Posts
Also don't forget that your 7 year warranty could be invalidated unless you have it serviced at the recommended time periods
I wondered about this.
I was chatting to someone who had a Hyundai that's just finished the warranty period,

They were saying that if you didn't get it serviced before the 10k mile interval that the warranty was gone.

Given that in likely to hit 10k in the middle of a driving holiday I am slightly nervous about this if it's true

Sent using Tapatalk (I'm on my phone so sorry for any auto correct screwups)

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
...........Given that in likely to hit 10k in the middle of a driving holiday I am slightly nervous about this if it's true
Have it serviced just before you go on holiday then - it would give you added reassurance that your car is operating at peak efficiency etc for whilst you are on your driving holiday and any faults have been spotted and corrected.

Reactions: Ian McVey

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
They were saying that if you didn't get it serviced before the 10k mile interval that the warranty was gone.

Given that in likely to hit 10k in the middle of a driving holiday I am slightly nervous about this if it's true
I wouldn't worry, there is no requirement to limp on to the garage forecourt exactly as the dashboard ticks up to the service interval figure. As long as it is a reasonable amount of miles either side, it won't be an issue.

From Kia Warranty exclusions online.....

"Servicing that is not completed within the time and mileage recommendation's, as described in the service book and the owner's manual"

From Kia Service Agreement online....

"Kia Care service plans are developed for customers covering a maximum annual mileage matching the standard service interval, e.g., up to 11,000 miles where the scheduled interval is 10,000 miles per annum plus 1,000 miles grace period."

·
Registered
1 Posts
Has the cost of Kia's service plans (and individual services) for the e-niro increased dramatically in the last couple of months? The figures quoted earlier in this thread are I think similar to those I remember looking at on the Kia website a few months ago. Prices on the website are now:
2 years servicing £249
3 years servicing £479
5 years servicing £709
MOTs can still be added for £35 each
The cost difference between 2 year and 3 year plans for the cost, I assume, of the 36 month/30000 mile service is also interesting.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I believe the 3 year service includes a fluid change for the battery heating and cooling system. Costs look the same as for my SOUL EV which I collected last week - it appears you can buy the package anytime before the first service is due, so I am not committing just yet.

·
Registered
408 Posts
I just tried to book my 20k service online & it couldnt find my service plan.
tried to charge me £159.

When I got the car back from the 10k service there was a tick sheet of what had been done. not got it to hand but I can report back at the end of the month when I assume I will get another one.

I might ask if i can upgrade the service plan now that lock down means I'm no longer deemed to be doing excessive mileage

·
Registered
529 Posts
Has the cost of Kia's service plans (and individual services) for the e-niro increased dramatically in the last couple of months? The figures quoted earlier in this thread are I think similar to those I remember looking at on the Kia website a few months ago. Prices on the website are now:
2 years servicing £249
3 years servicing £479
5 years servicing £709
MOTs can still be added for £35 each
The cost difference between 2 year and 3 year plans for the cost, I assume, of the 36 month/30000 mile service is also interesting.
I noticed that also, which makes me glad I decided to get a 5 year service plan for £400 when I bought the e-niro incase Kia did the same as Nissan did and increased the prices dramatically.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I was surprised by the relatively short service schedule for the e-Niro. Our MG ZS EV has 15,000 mile service interval. Like others, I simply signed up for the 3yr service package (to cover the PCP contract period) which includes software updates (I checked! :)) - but frustratingly, NOT satnav updates, which are charged at £25 each. We added the service plan to the overall PCP contract which effectively buried it in the noise ... added pence per month to the contract so fairly invisible :)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts