Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

41 - 60 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
For one of the world's largest industrial conglomerates they've made an absolute arse of delivering what could have been a sector dominant vehicle.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Another month has passed by and I’m still no nearer knowing anything remotely of use to me :rolleyes:

What’s astounding is the complete and utter lack of any attempt to recover the situation or their reputation which whilst being pretty shot, can actually fall further.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Another month has passed by and I’m still no nearer knowing anything remotely of use to me :rolleyes:

What’s astounding is the complete and utter lack of any attempt to recover the situation or their reputation which whilst being pretty shot, can actually fall further.
It beggars belief that, knowing the number of vehicles in the process of being shipped and knowing both the number of 'customers' due to get delivery this year, the order in which those customers placed their orders and the colour of each order, STILL with the most likely ship to dock in less than a fortnight, STILL they cannot put 2 and 2 together to make 4! The only other car company that I know of with such a crass attitude towards their customers was the Trabant Motor Company and they lasted less than 3 years in the real world.

The majority of dealers don't help but the ultimate blame lies fairly and squarely with Kia UK order processing dept.

As my brother has just pointed out, KIA stands for 'Killed In Action' which is entirely inappropriate in this case. Maybe they should rename themselves KTI (Killed Through Inaction)!

·
Registered
327 Posts
No consolation to anyone here, but there seems to be a similar thread for deliveries in the UK of Tesla M3 - see 'Should I Cancel My Order?'

·
Registered
319 Posts
Kia - the gift that keeps on giving.... Went today to pick up my car from my local dealer. Must rank as one of the worst new car purchase handovers that I have ever experienced. The sales guy we had been dealing with had left a few weeks ago and we had been allocated someone else. On arrival he was not available so spent ten minutes or so twiddling thumbs. During the hour and a half we were there we were not once offered a drink of water / tea or coffee. I had to ask for a copy of the invoice (guy seemed surprised I needed it)! No other paper work such as guarantees etc even though I had paid for paint protection and servicing. When I got home I searched for the case of polishes etc you usually receive when the car receives paint protection. Couldn’t find it so rang the salesman who said he would check where it was and ring me back. Still waiting for the phone call!
Hope others receive better treatment when spending £34k on a car.
At least the car is good to drive.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I would expect you to get customer care a call from Kia, Car manufactures are generally very keen to hear about your buying experiences, and some of the Dealers bonuses are dependent on good CSI (Customer Satisfaction Index) score. Having said that the guy I was dealing at the Dealership I have ordered from has left and the one phone call I have received from the person taking over has not filled me with confidence.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yes, going by past experience, a Kia survey should be sent to you within the first month giving you time to get to know the car and in the meantime, a dealer on the ball would ideally get in touch maybe a week or so after the handover.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just been called by my dealer (Enfield) that they have a grey niro that has gone orphan.

I was expecting to get mine by January, now I'm picking it up next week :)

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Just been called by my dealer (Enfield) that they have a grey niro that has gone orphan.

Good on you, hope it's everything you wanted (y)

Yet another example however of Kia's policy of "we're fulfilling orders in the order in which they were placed" being complete crap!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Good on you, hope it's everything you wanted (y)

Yet another example however of Kia's policy of "we're fulfilling orders in the order in which they were placed" being complete crap!
Thanks. Different colour but grey was one of my options.

It's theoretically second hand but not driven though, bit cheaper.

I guess more than Kia is each dealer order, plus other people ahead of my may have decided not to get it...

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Thanks. Different colour but grey was one of my options.

It's theoretically second hand but not driven though, bit cheaper.

I guess more than Kia is each dealer order, plus other people ahead of my may have decided not to get it...
So you are the second owner on the V5?

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Yeah, looks like. It's really my first car on the UK any real drawbacks on that?
Not really these days but it kinda proves that your dealer has pulled a fast one I think. They've probably sold it to the person who originally ordered it (who probably doesn't even know they have bought it and sold it again) and then sold it to you instead in order to maintain their profit margin.

I'd have asked them for a discount for it being second hand. About half their profit in exchange for your silence would have been a reasonable compromise I think.

·
Registered
319 Posts

I picked mine this week and although my dealer experience wasn’t great, the car is fantastic. Hope you enjoy yours as much as I do mine.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Well, I think I didn't hear well on the phone. Got the actual invoice and it is slightly more expensive than the one I ordered, not cheaper, but not 40k!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Xd sorry, I'm in the phone and on holidays.

It's up to 36k with the metal pain, so I guess that's around 2k more? Don't think if there is some saving on the registration too?

41 - 60 of 93 Posts