Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

61 - 65 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Set the regen level with the paddles (or alternatively in the Vehicle settings on the Nav screen). Then, hold the right paddle for a second or so until Regen appears under the icon on the dash. (This requires you having enabled Auto regen in the dash settings under Driver Assistance.)

·
Registered
91 Posts
How does one set a regen level AND put it on auto mode??
Step through the regen levels with the left and right paddles, as no doubt you know. Your preferred default regen level for the different drive modes can be set from 1 to 3 (but not 0, alas) in Settings. To toggle AUTO regen on and off, hold the right paddle for 1s. AUTO will appear below the regen level box and the box goes blue when the car sees a vehicle in front and starts to crank up the regen accordingly (if you're catching it up). You'll also see the regen level increase (more arrows) going downhill, especially if the underlying setting is 0. Usefully, the car remembers the last-used setting on restart (why can't it do this with all settings, I wonder, e.g. Auto Hold On?).

·
Registered
91 Posts
Interesting, so you reckon about 200 miles per charge worst case scenario? I wonder if you could get below that with a strong headwind? Evnavigation.com reckoned an e-Niro would've only gotten ~130 miles travelling west on a motorway the other day!
I'm sure Autobahn high speed into a strong headwind will suck electrons out of the battery in some fashion! But I think you can say a good 200 miles with a safety margin for us regular folk. We did 200 miles home the other day (of which about 130 miles cruising at GPS 70mph-ish), starting with 95% and finishing with 17%. I tried the APRP planning app and found it to be quite pessimistic with 'stock' e-Niro settings.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I think I have my work drive maxed out now. 19.5 miles each way. 4.6m/kwh on the way. And had a surprising 5.4m/kwh on the return leg. Started the day at full charge. 291 miles of range. After parking the car up in the garage, it sits at 261 miles of range. 9 miles saved. Not bad I think, but conditions were pretty good today. But if I can get similar results for the rest of the year, I will be happy.

61 - 65 of 65 Posts