Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,929 Posts
Generally reported as 6.1", but that is unloaded. With lots of extra heavy electrons onboard it'll be much lower.

Ground clearance is a meaningless figure. What are you trying to achieve?

·
Registered
ONTO car hire referral code - a6b57
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Generally reported as 6.1", but that is unloaded. With lots of extra heavy electrons onboard it'll be much lower.

Ground clearance is a meaningless figure. What are you trying to achieve?
Thanks. I quite often have to visit places out in the sticks and access can be along rough, sometimes unsurfaced tracks. I wondered whether the e-Niro's ground clearance was any higher that the 140-150mm that seems common for several non-SUV EVs I've looked at. 6.1" is about 155mm, so slightly better. :)

·
Registered
4,929 Posts
You perhaps should also consider the Approach Angle of only 16.6 degrees and the Departure Angle of 29.0 degrees if you have any changes of inclination to deal with. That front one will be liable to scrape on a number of public carpark ramps, particularly if you come down them too quickly.

·
Registered
ONTO car hire referral code - a6b57
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You perhaps should also consider the Approach Angle of only 16.6 degrees and the Departure Angle of 29.0 degrees if you have any changes of inclination to deal with. That front one will be liable to scrape on a number of public carpark ramps, particularly if you come down them too quickly.
Thanks, will bear that in mind too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts