Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone recommend a supplier of rubber mats for the e-Niro?
If so, please respond with manufacturer, retailer, cost and opinions.

·
Embracing the GTE revolution in Golf GTE
451 Posts
I have got mats in the Niro PHEV and they are the Niro branded ones. Not sure if they will be the same though but they would do the job I guess unless the fitting points are different in some way.

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
I have got mats in the Niro PHEV and they are the Niro branded ones. Not sure if they will be the same though but they would do the job I guess unless the fitting points are different in some way.
I wonder if we could meet up once I have my Niro and see if they fit? If they do there is plenty of options.
I'm not sure if I'll be able to get mats and boot liner this week or if I'll have to wait for then to come in, which suggests they are different, but worth finding out if possible.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
They initially had some Niro mats in mine (unsure PHEV or hybrid) and the fitting points were different.
Was because mine hadn't arrived yet from the parts dept.
Unsure how different as I didn't want mats that could potentially move so declined the offer to keep them.

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
They initially had some Niro mats in mine (unsure PHEV or hybrid) and the fitting points were different.
Was because mine hadn't arrived yet from the parts dept.
Unsure how different as I didn't want mats that could potentially move so declined the offer to keep them.
Ahh, thanks. I'll probably have to wait then. I want them to clip in properly, hate it when they ride up under the pedals.
I want rubber mats, I've often got mud on my shoes and the boys with their football boots make everything grubby even if they at being careful. I think cars should have rubber floors as standard, they would be so much easier to keep clean.

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
No, no! I'm not suggesting that you swap the mats for a dog. I'm suggesting that you swap your boys for a dog. (I speak from experience [of the cost of boys, not the swapping of boys for a dog lol]!)
Ahh, that's very complex, and wouldn't be good for their self esteem.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Shock horror! I've just discovered that the e-Niro comes with no mats at all, not even fabric ones. Cheap or what?
There are a couple of hooks on the driver's side and none on the passenger side.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
I used these people to supply some after market ones for my old 4x4. They were a pretty good fit but no idea how well they would fit in the Niro having not tried a set. They were a good pattern match for my other car and came with screw in carpet fixers for the drivers fabric mat.

Some are cheap and cheerful, others more expensive so buyer beware etc. And no, I have no involvement with the company, only as a customer.

·
Embracing the GTE revolution in Golf GTE
451 Posts
I wonder if we could meet up once I have my Niro and see if they fit? If they do there is plenty of options.
I'm not sure if I'll be able to get mats and boot liner this week or if I'll have to wait for then to come in, which suggests they are different, but worth finding out if possible.
Yeah, meeting up would be cool I am in Scotland at the moment I will not be back until next week but we could do something then.
The back ones would be fine the front may be were any issues pop up.

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
Yeah, meeting up would be cool I am in Scotland at the moment I will not be back until next week but we could do something then.
The back ones would be fine the front may be were any issues pop up.
Thanks, let me know when you are back and we can try them, but it does sound like they will be different.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks, let me know when you are back and we can try them, but it does sound like they will be different.
I compared the floor in the e-Niro against the PHEV Niro today. The passenger side floor in the e-Niro has level changes in the floor where the front of the passenger seat cushion is when in a middling position. Higher under the seat and going lower further forward with a couple of steps (from memory).

·
Registered
172 Posts
One supplier is sending me a paper template of their current Niro product to see if fits, and it not send them an amended template. Anyone with an e-Niro near Skegness?

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
One supplier is sending me a paper template of their current Niro product to see if fits, and it not send them an amended template. Anyone with an e-Niro near Skegness?
I don't think they will fit in the e-Niro. Both the floor and the hooks are different. Back seats may be OK though.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I don't think they will fit in the e-Niro. Both the floor and the hooks are different. Back seats may be OK though.
I think the point is they will work to a template amended to the e-Niro, hence asking if anyone near Skegness. They could provide a better (live) template

1 - 20 of 115 Posts