Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The e-Niro can import your choice of Points of Interest (POI) files to the navigation system. I did this today with the collection of National Trust properties downloaded from https://www.poigraves.uk

As you will see there are various collections you can download, free of charge, along with the instructions on how to use them. I suggest you use KML format. You will need a USB memory stick but it doesn't need to be anything special. The entire National Trust collection was only 456 KB.

·
Registered
2,873 Posts
Question about POIs and chargers. If you zoom out on the map, can you still see them?

One really annoying thing about the Leaf was that if you had the map zoomed out to a useful amount the chargers disappeared.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Question about POIs and chargers. If you zoom out on the map, can you still see them?

One really annoying thing about the Leaf was that if you had the map zoomed out to a useful amount the chargers disappeared.
The POIs are still visible with the map zoomed out to about 50 miles wide. More than that they disappear.

Reactions: Rei

·
Registered
10 Posts
The e-Niro can import your choice of Points of Interest (POI) files to the navigation system. I did this today with the collection of National Trust properties downloaded from https://www.poigraves.uk

As you will see there are various collections you can download, free of charge, along with the instructions on how to use them. I suggest you use KML format. You will need a USB memory stick but it doesn't need to be anything special. The entire National Trust collection was only 456 KB.
I have the National Trust downloaded as a .KML onto but it looks like Kia will only import a file name address_book.kml. Do you have more detailed instructions on how to import (multiple) POI files?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I've found the answer to my own question here....

In conclusion, and is spite of being quite comfortable with data manipulation, concatenation and XML.....In the absence of a POI loader....it's much better/quicker/easier to use Android Auto to find places.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Addendum. I can now see that the Kia eNiro 4 has only the my address import option and no POI uploader. Moreover if using the Setup/Navigaton/My Data/Import my address book from USB option (using file HKMC_address_book.kml) then it is limited to just 50 addresses!
If you still want to use this function, then the file format, data checker and instructions are here Excel to KML

1 - 6 of 6 Posts