Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

201 - 220 of 302 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
So you leave the parking brake off on your Niro? That is what you said, since you don't have a leaf now right?

If you push the P button in the round thing, when you shut the car off, the car will engage the pawl anyway (you can hear it)...

Greg

·
Registered
Kia e-niro4+
30 Posts
Can you use standard leather conditioner/cleaner on the seats (4+) given the spec. makes mention of ‘some faux leather’ content ? Thanks

·
Registered
E-Niro 64kWh '4' since 9/20 (was Prius)
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #203 ·
Can you use standard leather conditioner/cleaner on the seats (4+) given the spec. makes mention of ‘some faux leather’ content ? Thanks
Ha, can anyone tell me which part of the car actually has real leather? It all looks pretty fake to me. I would have much preferred velour style fabric seats myself.
Peter

·
Registered
32 Posts
Can anybody make any recommendations for a battery booster? I'd like one for emergencies, but I'm getting confused by the various amp ratings and the descriptions that say "Suitable for x.x l engine".

·
Registered
427 Posts
I think the steering wheel is real leather, it looks like it...

I thought from the advertising that part of the seat was real leather, but none of it looks real to me, and I've had leather seats since '79

Greg

·
Registered
170 Posts
Picked up the 4+ yesterday; like it a lot (as does SWMBO) but I'm finding a number of minor irritations. I know about the LKA needing to be switched off every time the car is started courtesy of this forum, but here are a few other questions.
1. Does AutoHold have to be switched on every time the car is started (that's what's happening at the mo) or is there an option somewhere in the infotainment system to make it stay on. Once switched ON, it used to stay on in my now, part exchanged, VW Golf GTE. I would really like that to be the case in the 4+
2. Went for a little play this morning. When my wife drove, the satnav showed speed symbols as we drove from 30mph zone into 40mph. Back at home, we swapped over, obviously turning the car fully off. On my little play, no speed signs appeared on the satnav. Is there an obvious reason for this? We didn't change any settings, as far as we know.
3. I thought the 4+ satnav maps showed speed cameras. We deliberately drove past one but got no indication on the maps. Again, have I missed a setting somewhere?
Very grateful for any help with these.
Thanks
Silverback

·
Registered
170 Posts
Another question. I have a motorised garage door with a key that operates by wireless.
In the Niro, there is a wireless phone slot. If the garage key is put in there, is it likely to be deprogrammed by being in the wireless charging hole?
Also there seems to be not a lot of cubby holes/storage. Anyone found one tucked away somewhere? The GTE had one under the front passenger seat, but I can't see one here in the Niro.
Thanks
Silverback

·
Registered
400 Posts
Another question. I have a motorised garage door with a key that operates by wireless.
In the Niro, there is a wireless phone slot. If the garage key is put in there, is it likely to be deprogrammed by being in the wireless charging hole?
Thanks
Silverback
You can turn the wireless charger off which would remove any possibility of deprogramming the garage key.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Picked up the 4+ yesterday; like it a lot (as does SWMBO) but I'm finding a number of minor irritations. I know about the LKA needing to be switched off every time the car is started courtesy of this forum, but here are a few other questions.
1. Does AutoHold have to be switched on every time the car is started (that's what's happening at the mo) or is there an option somewhere in the infotainment system to make it stay on. Once switched ON, it used to stay on in my now, part exchanged, VW Golf GTE. I would really like that to be the case in the 4+
2. Went for a little play this morning. When my wife drove, the satnav showed speed symbols as we drove from 30mph zone into 40mph. Back at home, we swapped over, obviously turning the car fully off. On my little play, no speed signs appeared on the satnav. Is there an obvious reason for this? We didn't change any settings, as far as we know.
3. I thought the 4+ satnav maps showed speed cameras. We deliberately drove past one but got no indication on the maps. Again, have I missed a setting somewhere?
Very grateful for any help with these.
Thanks
Silverback
1. Afraid so -- default is OFF and no option to alter that.
2. ??
3. Ours is the FE but I think you have to give the car a WiFi link from your phone for things like that to be picked up, also traffic info.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I get warning bongs on approach to every speed camera I've been past so far - but only if it's in the correct direction of travel to be a "threat". This includes the average speed camera locations on the M27. No setting required.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi all,
I am terribly sorry if it's the wrong group or if I am ruining an ongoing conversation. I need so me advice from anyone who has has a Kia E-neo 64Kwh model 3 that claims a range of 280miles. I have a work commute of 93 miles one way (186 both ways) all on mortorway. I am alone in the car and no other weight and intending on driving it between 70 miles per hour +/-10% on overtaking. At work, I am can use the EV charging point for 4 hours. I have the following questions.
  • on full charge, can I make the roud trip of 186 miles at 70mph on the motorway in the worst of conditions such as winter?
  • is 4 hours that I get to charge the car at work sufficient for full charge?
  • what is the average cost of full charge at home?

I am thinking of getting this car on a lease via a salary sacrifice. My current diesel car commute costs me £20 on fuel on a single round trip and I am looking to see if a Kia e nero can help save on costs.
Thank you very much for your help with this.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I think you might be pushing it for 186 miles of M way in the worst of winter without charging but it would be no problem with 4 hours charge during the day, assuming a 7kWh charger.

I’ve been charging mainly to 80% and the lowest I’ve seen at that is around 220 miles but the car’s mostly used on A and B roads with a little D/C. From what I’ve seen prolonged 70mph does hit the range quite hard.

·
Registered
77 Posts
In the very worst of conditions I think you might be at the very upper limits of what you can achieve. That would need you to achieve under 3 miles per kWh. You might have to slow down a tiny bit if you intend not to charge during the day.

Four hours of work time charging will give you about 40% of your battery back, assuming a 7kW charger. Which should make the return entirely comfortable.

Cost to charge will depend on the cost of your electricity ;) . Octopus Go gives you four hours at 5p/kWh, which as per your work charging about 40%. That is about £1.40.

·
Registered
12 Posts
o problem with 4 hours charge
I think you might be pushing it for 186 miles of M way in the worst of winter without charging but it would be no problem with 4 hours charge during the day, assuming a 7kWh charger.

I’ve been charging mainly to 80% and the lowest I’ve seen at that is around 220 miles but the car’s mostly used on A and B roads with a little D/C. From what I’ve seen prolonged 70mph does hit the range quite hard.
Thank you very much. That is very useful. What if driving a bit slower, do you think I can do a round trip of about 190miles? I was hoping to charge it mainly at work rather than at home.

·
Registered
12 Posts
In the very worst of conditions I think you might be at the very upper limits of what you can achieve. That would need you to achieve under 3 miles per kWh. You might have to slow down a tiny bit if you intend not to charge during the day.

Four hours of work time charging will give you about 40% of your battery back, assuming a 7kW charger. Which should make the return entirely comfortable.

Cost to charge will depend on the cost of your electricity ;) . Octopus Go gives you four hours at 5p/kWh, which as per your work charging about 40%. That is about £1.40.
Excellent. What about normal condition, do you think 190 miles is possible?
How much would it cost roughly to charge it at home over night? Huge thanks for your help.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Can you charge at the office?
We have charging stations. I just need to give the building management team a call tomorrow and ask how it works and how much it costs. Someone mentioned that we should not use it for longer than 4 hours. I was hoping to get a full charge in 4 hours but it sounds like that might not be the case

·
Registered
12 Posts
One more question, on the spec it says that from zero to 80% on a fast charge it only takes 50min. Does the last 20% charge take longer? Why do they measure it to 80% only? Also, how can I distinguish between fast charging and normal charging. I am thinking that if my work stations are fast charging then I can probably get a full boost within the 4 hours allowance.

201 - 220 of 302 Posts