Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

81 - 100 of 130 Posts

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
The car is three phase capable, so should come with a three phase cable. Whether I actually use the cable to it's full capability is irrelevant. It's either right or it's wrong.
But the car being three phase capable means it can charge at a three phased tethered charger. If most home chargers and non-tethered chargers aren't three phase, having the cable is somewhat irrelevant surely? To quote the leader of the PFJ, "what's the point of fighting for his right to 'ave babies when he can't 'ave babies?"

Sorry, I get your point about the right cable being supplied but I just didn't know how many 3 phase charge points there are. I genuinely wondered if anyone knew?

·
Registered
206 Posts
But the car being three phase capable means it can charge at a three phased tethered charger. If most home chargers and non-tethered chargers aren't three phase, having the cable is somewhat irrelevant surely? To quote the leader of the PFJ, "what's the point of fighting for his right to 'ave babies when he can't 'ave babies?"

Sorry, I get your point about the right cable being supplied but I just didn't know how many 3 phase charge points there are. I genuinely wondered if anyone knew?
Are all 3 phase chargers tethered?

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have had the 4+ for a couple of weeks now, and only have the Single Phase Type 2 cable. (Don't think it matters on the Granny Charger, but somebody may know better.)
Called and spoke to my dealership this afternoon about the 3 Phase cable. They had a chat around the office (as they didn't know over the phone) and came back with the message that the 3 Phase cable is an optional extra, charged at £280.
I'd be very interested to hear what message other dealers are giving, and whether newer cars are being shipped with 3 Phase or Single Phase.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I have had the 4+ for a couple of weeks now, and only have the Single Phase Type 2 cable. (Don't think it matters on the Granny Charger, but somebody may know better.)
Called and spoke to my dealership this afternoon about the 3 Phase cable. They had a chat around the office (as they didn't know over the phone) and came back with the message that the 3 Phase cable is an optional extra, charged at £280.
I'd be very interested to hear what message other dealers are giving, and whether newer cars are being shipped with 3 Phase or Single Phase.
A reply from Kia head office already posted:-

Afternoon,
It sounds like the wrong cable was supplied – the more powerful (3 Phase Cable) should have been the one to come with this model.
I’ve spoken to Product Planning, and they’ve asked if you can get a photo of the cable supplied with your customers car….I will forward on, and we will try to resolve this asap…

·
Registered
206 Posts
New cable is on its way to the dealer note to dealer below:- Your customer’s cable should be with you tomorrow.
Please pass on our apologies for the oversight…!

·
Registered
169 Posts
New cable is on its way to the dealer note to dealer below:- Your customer’s cable should be with you tomorrow.
Please pass on our apologies for the oversight…!
Well done for succeeding in the endeavor. I think all the other 4+ owners should also contact the same customer service person you did and get their 3 phase charging cables. You all have paid for this cable in the purchase price of the car so should rightfully claim it.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
You all have paid for this cable in the purchase price of the car so should rightfully claim it.
Not being deliberately contrary I promise but have you? The three phase cable is listed as an accessory on the website. I looked and couldn’t see anything that said there’s a 3 phase cable included. A 3 phase charger yes, but no cable mentioned. Is it on the order / invoice?

·
Registered
206 Posts
@Billy the Kid Who did you contact. I also have a single phase cable with a 4+
Probably shouldn’t put it here but hey ho. Good luck.
My dealer contacted Kia head office the reply came from:-
Michael Mulvihill Regional Business Manager
Kia Motors (UK) Ltd.
Walton Green, Walton-On-Thames, Surrey, KT12 1FJ
T +44 7884 865 017
M +44 7884 865 017

·
Registered
5,053 Posts
I’ve never needed three phase so not sure of this answer, how many untethered 3 phase AC chargers are there actually out there to connect to?
Search for 11 & 22kW chargers on zapmap and you will see there are plenty of them.

They are very unlikely to be tethered. Public fast chargers aren't tethered. Rapids are, but they need to be.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Reply from Kia UK regarding 3 Phase cable....

Sent: Tuesday, November 17, 2020 10:07:56 AM
To: <PRIVATE>
Subject: RE: KMUK0616271 - Your Kia Enquiry

Case Reference – KMUK0616271

Dear Colin

Thanks for your recent contact.

It’s great to hear you own a e-Niro 4+, welcome to the Kia family.

I can confirm that the Type 2 charging cable and trickle charge cable will come with the e-Niro as standard.

The 3 phase Type 2 cable can be purchased form the parts department at your nearest Kia dealer; https://www.kia.com/uk/utility/find-a-dealer/#/step-1

If there’s anything else I can help you with, please get in touch via email or phone on 0333 2022 990.

Kind regards
Ronnie Hodgson

Senior Customer Service Advisor
Kia Motors UK

·
Registered
169 Posts
Reply from Kia UK regarding 3 Phase cable....

Sent: Tuesday, November 17, 2020 10:07:56 AM
To: <PRIVATE>
Subject: RE: KMUK0616271 - Your Kia Enquiry

Case Reference – KMUK0616271

Dear Colin

Thanks for your recent contact.

It’s great to hear you own a e-Niro 4+, welcome to the Kia family.

I can confirm that the Type 2 charging cable and trickle charge cable will come with the e-Niro as standard.

The 3 phase Type 2 cable can be purchased form the parts department at your nearest Kia dealer; https://www.kia.com/uk/utility/find-a-dealer/#/step-1

If there’s anything else I can help you with, please get in touch via email or phone on 0333 2022 990.

Kind regards
Ronnie Hodgson

Senior Customer Service Advisor
Kia Motors UK
I have just checked the accessory webpage for e-Niro charging cable. The part number for the 3 phase charging cable is incorrect.

66631ADE013A is the part number for the single phase charging cable. That is what came with my FE e-Niro. The rest of you can also check and confirm.

Those lucky 4+ owners who are getting the 3 phase charging cable from Kia should check the part number carefully. The 3 phase cable's part number is 66632ADE013A.

Screenshot_20201117-104007_Samsung Internet.jpg

·
Registered
27 Posts
The 4+ comes with 3-phase charging as a paid for extra (ok, bundled in the price, but we are paying more for it).
To only come with a single phase cable must be a mistake.

Otherwise, what's the point of the feature?

·
Registered
206 Posts
The 4+ comes with 3-phase charging as a paid for extra (ok, bundled in the price, but we are paying more for it).

It is a mistake I posted Kia contact details above tell your dealer to chase it up. DO NOT BUY ONE.

·
Registered
169 Posts

On the Kia Germany website the price difference between the 2 cables is €70.67 (about £64). Surely Kia UK should be able to cover this difference in the price they charge for the 4+?

·
Registered
Kia e-Niro MY20 64 kWh - Gravity Blue
324 Posts
Just an FYI: I have a spanish e-Niro, that doesn't have 3 phase charging and yet they gave me the 3-phase cable with the car.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
I have roof rails, what use are roof rails without the cross bars, should I not get cross bars supplied FOC too and maybe bike carriers and a roofbox? Lots of cars have features that are not usable without additional purchases. Granted the charger is pretty fundamental in an electric car but it's not the only charger and I don't think it's necessarily 'night follows day' logic. I'm like a stuck record now though!

Sorry, my demeanour is not being assisted by a C19+ mother and a potentially C19+ father stuck in the local A&E as of 3 hours ago :(

81 - 100 of 130 Posts