Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

101 - 120 of 130 Posts

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
I have roof rails, what use are roof rails without the cross bars, should I not get cross bars supplied FOC too and maybe bike carriers and a roofbox? Lots of cars have features that are not usable without additional purchases. Granted the charger is pretty fundamental in an electric car but it's not the only charger and I don't think it's necessarily 'night follows day' logic. I'm like a stuck record now though!

Sorry, my demeanour is not being assisted by a C19+ mother and a potentially C19+ father stuck in the local A&E as of 3 hours ago :(
The roof rails are a fair comparison, they are pointless on their own. My understanding is that some EVs come with no charging cables at all, so shouldn't complain too much. However - I'll take the cable upgrade if my dealer offers it :).

Hope your parents are ok.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have just had a call from my dealer. They were extremely apologetic and advised that the 4+ should have come with a three phase cable. Kia have shipped them a new cable and it is waiting for me to go and pick it up.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all, newbie here, hoping someone can help.

I have a Kia E-niro 3 on it's way to me and just wondered how long the standard charging cables are that come with the car?

Thanks in advance.

Josh

·
Registered
68 Posts
My new cable should be arriving at the dealer tomorrow, also getting booked in for the software upgrade. Will double check the part when I get it but they did confirm it was the three phase - no fuss from them seems like a genuine mistake.

·
Registered
E-Niro 64kWh '4' since 22/9/20 (was Prius)
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #114
......but I just didn't know how many 3 phase charge points there are. I genuinely wondered if anyone knew?
There’s lots of 22kW 3ph AC sockets all across West Yorkshire. The Engie chargers all support one 50kW D.C. (Tethered CCScombo or Chademo) car and simultaneously one 22kW AC car, for which you need your own CCS cable.
Whats more, all of these rapid chargers are 100% free to use until this time next year :cool:
This was a big contributory factor for me getting my first EV. A full year of totally free juice!

The daft thing is that there’s typically only two marked charging bays and one is labelled for taxis only, so if two non taxis roll up for a simultaneous charge, then strictly speaking they can’t both charge, even through the charger can electrically support it. You could risk parking in the taxi bay but apparently the local council can apply penalty parking charge for that if they catch you. I’ve not even seen any electric taxis around here yet.

Peter

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
That would explain why I never see them then, if they're being installed in restricted geographical areas, guess I just don't get out enough .

Taxis are the spawn of the devil around me however and they are generally the most polluting badly maintained and driven vehicles there are. And don't get me started on why they can use bus lanes. What magical concept underpins the giving of priority to mostly ICE single occupancy vehicles? But that's another thread!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
"Hammering" is a bit of a strong term. It'll run the radio for hours without too much issue.

Lots of cars do this. It's all personal preference, and it's good that it's customisable, but personally I prefer it to stay on as, if I'm listening to something when I arrive at my destination, I don't have to leave the "engine" running for a minute or so to hear the end of it before I get out of the car.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I believe that’s the 'follow me home' feature, only Kia call it something else in the menus I think. You can turn that feature off (I did day I got the car) it’s in the cluster preference menu somewhere. Now my lights go off immediately.

I wish the stereo and display and everything would go off too. I have to open the door, what’s that all about? If you sit listening to music etc after turning car off you are hammering the 12 V battery unnecessarily.

Peter
On my Leaf the radio went off as soon as I pushed the start/stop button which was a nuisance to me as it meant other drains on the battery if I wanted to listen to the radio while parked. On key-start vehicles there is usually an "accessories" key position to just run the radio. I like the Kia way in that the radio remains on until I open the door to get out.

I also very much like that the driver's seat moves back when I open the door to make more clearance to exit - no dirty marks on the door card caused by shoes catching. It can even be set to two positions back - no problem for rear seat space as still plenty of room. (I have recently taken delivery of one of the first 2021 eNiros to land in the UK. Even the dealers don't have demo ones yet. Fabulous car.)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Could the lucky owners who have received their MY21 4+ cars please check which charging cable was included with the car?

Is it the 32A, 3 phase cable (part number 66632ADE013A) or, the 32A single phase cable (part number 66631ADE013A)?

The 4+ is able to charge with 3 phase chargers so ideally a 3 phase cable should have come with car.
Mine was delivered 31st October with the single phase cable too.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Mine was delivered 31st October with the single phase cable too.
Since sending in the above, I have received this from the dealership:

Hi Phil

Hope you are well

Funny enough we have just had this email this morning from kia

Dear all,

We have identified a number of e-Niro 4+ models that have the incorrect charge cable fitted. As the 4+ has 3 phase charging ability the lead for this derivative is different to the one previously supplied. The lead currently in the car will still charge normally but simply does not have the 3 phase capability.

Replacement cables (part number DP996ADU44) of the correct type will be sent directly to dealers with affected cars, please be aware that new/unregistered vehicles will be prioritised. New leads will be supplied and cross referenced to the VIN, deliveries should start shortly . Once new car stock has been completed leads for any registered cars will be sent out.

101 - 120 of 130 Posts