Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

121 - 130 of 130 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Here's a fun one. I noticed that when I apply the parking brake at a junction, to save from blinding the person behind with brake lights, the daytime running lights turn off. This only happens when I don't have the lights on (ie daytime). Has anybody else spotted this?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Here's a fun one. I noticed that when I apply the parking brake at a junction, to save from blinding the person behind with brake lights, the daytime running lights turn off. This only happens when I don't have the lights on (ie daytime). Has anybody else spotted this?
I don't generally put it in Park when I'm on the road but, now you mention it, I do recall noticing, when on the driveway, that the running lights do seem to be linked to the car being in Drive.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
347 Posts
I don't generally put it in Park when I'm on the road but, now you mention it, I do recall noticing, when on the driveway, that the running lights do seem to be linked to the car being in Drive.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
I think Colin E was talking about applying the parking brake rather than putting the drive into park. I had not realised that would happen. However it is also useful to know that putting the car into "P" would turn off the running lights.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
I think Colin E was talking about applying the parking brake rather than putting the drive into park. I had not realised that would happen. However it is also useful to know that putting the car into "P" would turn off the running lights.
Well, they are called "running" lights, not "parking" lights.... 😉

Sorry, I'll get my coat....

·
Registered
24 Posts
Correct. I was referring to the handbrake rather than putting the drive in to park. Just one of those little things you notice after a few drives...

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Never tried, does flicking the indicator stalk when parked put the sidelights on one side like other cars I used to have? Or have I got old?

·
Registered
347 Posts
Never tried, does flicking the indicator stalk when parked put the sidelights on one side like other cars I used to have? Or have I got old?
I didn't think it was now legal to have lights on only one side. It used to be very useful!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Mine is a single phase 32 amp cable. Already queried with the dealer and Kia head office awaiting a reply. My thought is that these are the first 4 pluses to arrive in the uk, cables are put in at the docks and they would just put in what they had.
i got a reply from kia customer service saying the wrong leads had been put in vehicles at the docks,should carry on using the single phase until the 3 phase arrives at dealership

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have had the 4+ for a couple of weeks now, and only have the Single Phase Type 2 cable. (Don't think it matters on the Granny Charger, but somebody may know better.)
Called and spoke to my dealership this afternoon about the 3 Phase cable. They had a chat around the office (as they didn't know over the phone) and came back with the message that the 3 Phase cable is an optional extra, charged at £280.
I'd be very interested to hear what message other dealers are giving, and whether newer cars are being shipped with 3 Phase or Single Phase.
send kia customer service a word,they told me they hsd been shipped with wrong cable

·
Registered
24 Posts
send kia customer service a word,they told me they hsd been shipped with wrong cable
I spoke to Kia UK last week, and they confirmed I should have the 3 Phase cable.
Forwarded details to dealership on Tuesday - we'll look into it and let you know.
Called them again today - they've got a cable coming in this week, which I can pick up. Going in in a couple of weeks, to get the software updates, so will grab it then.

121 - 130 of 130 Posts