Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We collected our E-Niro last Monday. I have been tinkering today and came across a few oddities.

Inside the central storage bin towards the front is a square hole of significant depth. What is it for? Perhaps air conditioning?

The washer bottle holds just under five litres. (I emptied and refilled it!), It has an internal divider that cuts its capacity by around two litres leaving a trapped air space. Perhaps to prevent damage from freezing?

The fuse box has many, many spare fuses in blank positions. I will investigate to see if they many be used for accessories e.g. dash cam. It would keep things neat and tidy.

·
Registered
27 Posts
We collected our E-Niro last Monday. I have been tinkering today and came across a few oddities.

Inside the central storage bin towards the front is a square hole of significant depth. What is it for? Perhaps air conditioning?

The washer bottle holds just under five litres. (I emptied and refilled it!), It has an internal divider that cuts its capacity by around two litres leaving a trapped air space. Perhaps to prevent damage from freezing?

The fuse box has many, many spare fuses in blank positions. I will investigate to see if they many be used for accessories e.g. dash cam. It would keep things neat and tidy.
I believe that hole in the storage box is to allow a USB cable to pass from the box to the sockets in front of it.

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
It has an internal divider that cuts its capacity by around two litres leaving a trapped air space. Perhaps to prevent damage from freezing?
Could be just to add structural rigidity?

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I believe that hole in the storage box is to allow a USB cable to pass from the box to the sockets in front of it.
Give the man a coconut, the hole is perfect for that. It must be so.

·
Registered
693 Posts
If it has an auto-darkening mirror, this is a useful power take-off point as it's close to the dashcam. On the Kona this is very easy to access.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Maybe this should be a new topic but, regarding the "Departure" setting(s)/times and, given that the charger lead has to be plugged in, I would like to avoid, unnecessarily, charging the car. The only feature I can see which would facilitate that would be to set the charge upper limit % to a low value? What do others think or, hopefully, know?

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The only feature I can see which would facilitate that would be to set the charge upper limit % to a low value? What do others think or, hopefully, know?
Yes that works. Also, if you have a Zappi, you can set a timed boost to coincide with the departure time even on Eco+ mode.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Maybe this should be a new topic but, regarding the "Departure" setting(s)/times and, given that the charger lead has to be plugged in, I would like to avoid, unnecessarily, charging the car. The only feature I can see which would facilitate that would be to set the charge upper limit % to a low value? What do others think or, hopefully
I have also been trying to work out how I can set the car to heat the interior in a cold morning with out charging a small amount each day. So will this work, if I am at 70% charge, plug in and set max charge to 60% and set cabin heat to come on and be heated for 7am will it work. ?????

·
Registered
123 Posts
I have also been trying to work out how I can set the car to heat the interior in a cold morning with out charging a small amount each day. So will this work, if I am at 70% charge, plug in and set max charge to 60% and set cabin heat to come on and be heated for 7am will it work. ?????
Yes that will work - it just needs to be plugged in, doesn't matter if it charges or not. It will use some charge as it is heating/cooling the cabin.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Have not tried this yet as am awaiting install of tethered lead. Meanwhile, have set maximum charge level to 10%. Also, have installed a shortcut down into the EV menu to as near as poss to the facility to change this level to and from the 80% max which I intend to charge to regularly, that is unless I plan a long journey.

·
Registered
123 Posts
The another way I am going to test to see if it works is. If it only needs to be plugged in and not plugged in and charging, is to plug it in and when it auto starts to charge, see if I can stop the charge by pressing wall charger button to stop it.
If you want to do it a more complicated way - use the location setting and set it to charge at a time the car won't be at that location or plugged in (during the day when you are at work). Then you don't have to remember to set and reset the charging limit.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Does the e niro have a battery heater.. From nigel on YouTube EV Puzzle, there should be settings under EV/EV Settings but I don't see anything?

·
Registered
199 Posts
I believe the UK version of the e-Niro is not fitted with a battery heater as Kia did not think our winters were cold enough to warrant one, unlike Norwegian or other Scandinavian countries (or Canada).

·
Registered
4 Posts
I know the original first edition definitely didn't get a battery heater but I remember seeing the MY20 update includes a battery heater. Can anyone confirm this?

·
Registered
15 Posts
I believe the UK version of the e-Niro is not fitted with a battery heater as Kia did not think our winters were cold enough to warrant one, unlike Norwegian or other Scandinavian countries (or Canada).
I agree, don't think we have it in the UK spec. But the obvious inconsistency is that sister company hyundai put a heater in the UK Kona (atleast 60kWh prem SE launch Edition).
I cant see it costing more the £50 (like a towel heater element) so don't know why they didn't include it..

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
My reported production of CO₂ is in 'Ibs' is it possible to change the display to kilograms?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts