Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No, this isn't meant to be a debate about the relative merits of EV vs ICE/Hybrid.

If you've got an "e-Niro", which is marketed as such by Kia as distinct from "Niro" which has a petrol tank in it, how is your car described on the DVLA database?

Mainly asking because our insurance certificate came back saying it was for a "Niro" ... and when I look up the reg on, say, Kwikfit's site to enquire about tyres, that also says its a Niro.

Are they all like that or did my dealer make a slip of the mouse?

·
Registered
631 Posts
You'll find any combination of Niro, e-Niro, Niro EV, Niro FE, Niro 2, Niro 3, Niro 4 and any other permutation that you care to invent. Kia started it all by giving the car different names in different markets but it is mostly down to people who can't be bothered to get it right.

·
Registered
82 Posts
at the end of the day, what they need to know is the specs of the car, so just pick the most accurate one.

For example, for several insurance companies I checked, only one of them had my version correctly. I didn't pick it but other, and it didn't matter, they just need to know about the kW/CV, etc.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
at the end of the day, what they need to know is the specs of the car, so just pick the most accurate one.

For example, for several insurance companies I checked, only one of them had my version correctly. I didn't pick it but other, and it didn't matter, they just need to know about the kW/CV, etc.
I agree that it is all about the spec of the car ... which is why "Niro 3" is a very different beast from the insurance companies POV than "eNiro 3" (or "Niro 3 EV" if you prefer).

Good to hear from others that chaos rules, as per usual.

·
Registered
E-Niro 64kWh '4' since 9/20 (was Prius)
1,157 Posts
From the MOT website for mine....
Peter

·
Registered
211 Posts
No, this isn't meant to be a debate about the relative merits of EV vs ICE/Hybrid.

If you've got an "e-Niro", which is marketed as such by Kia as distinct from "Niro" which has a petrol tank in it, how is your car described on the DVLA database?

Mainly asking because our insurance certificate came back saying it was for a "Niro" ... and when I look up the reg on, say, Kwikfit's site to enquire about tyres, that also says its a Niro.

Are they all like that or did my dealer make a slip of the mouse?
I think it is down to what the dealer entered on first registration.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts