Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, just been notified my e-niro is in the UK and due for delivery this month. Some points of interest and some questions members might be able to help with.

Slight surprised that the specification is the original one not the one notified last year. I was under the impression that deliveries in 2020 would be new specification. Upside saves me a few £;)

Anyway, my question.
  • I seem to be struggling to locate two e-niro specific items on the web - a dog guard for the back of the car and a boot protection mat / boot liner - any trusty owners confirm where they have got their canine goodies.
  • I cannot seem to confirm if there is a facility in the e-nero to set the charge times daily that include pre-heating or cooling the car as well as making sure the car is fully charged for start time plus taking advantage of off-peak electricity at night. I have this on my Golf GTE but am unable to find the answer on the web or the dealer so far.
  • Has anyone out there used ChargedEV for mains and solar charger - Smart+ that uses both mains and solar to charged your EV. I had an original charge point at home installed by ChargedEV which was done very efficiently. Since then they have included this solar so am looking into it - if anyone has any experience would be great to hear.
  • Related to point above - not been given anything yet by Kia dealer confirming if they have any deals for domestic installed charge points. When I reserved they mentioned pod-point I think. again any insights from owners of the e-niro would be great.
Thanks,
Chris.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Maybe post in the niro specific forum.
Can only help with one point. It does have delayed charging and schedule charging. I have used delayed charging, set a time you are leaving and it will charge ready for that time. Pre heat inside, needs to be plugged in and delayed charging set, set a temp and it will at that temp when you have set leave time for delayed charging. Not used schedule charging to set a specific time slot..

·
Registered
259 Posts
Regarding getting the First Edition, your car will have been manufactured in late November or early December. It does appear that it was late December when Second Editions began to roll off the production line

·
Registered
565 Posts
From memory, I think Kia did provide a subsidy of about £250 towards a Podpoint. With the Government grant that meant a personal contribution of about £250.
I find even in the coldest weather it takes only a few minutes to warm up the car and get rid of ice on the screen. You can do it while plugged in. I personally don’t use any pre- heat setting and have not missed having an app because it is so efficient.
You can set charging times.
No dog - boot full of pushchairs etc!
Fantastic EV - best value long range one. Hope you enjoy.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
From memory, I think Kia did provide a subsidy of about £250 towards a Podpoint. With the Government grant that meant a personal contribution of about £250.
I find even in the coldest weather it takes only a few minutes to warm up the car and get rid of ice on the screen. You can do it while plugged in. I personally don’t use any pre- heat setting and have not missed having an app because it is so efficient.
You can set charging times.
No dog - boot full of pushchairs etc!
Fantastic EV - best value long range one. Hope you enjoy.
Thank you for that. Very helpful.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts